Down tuning capbilities

Yeah I know there is different tension (thanks anyway) but I was just wondering if there is much of a difference in the tension. I was originaly thinking about using a 25 1/2" length for two reasons, easier playing of higher frets as there is a bigger space and the tension.

I preffer a shorter 24 3/4" scale but I want these things were swaying me. I realised that the differnce in the higher fret spacing is so minute that it doesnt realy make that much of a difference so Im thinking of sticking with the 24 3/4" now.

I just want to make sure I can use (realy) tuning like B F# B E G# C#

get some baritone strings, d'addario makes a set of 68's that are meant to be tuned down to B

Personally i use 56's the next set down with a wound third for my standard C tuned guitar.

Thats probably not the exact tuning Ill be using but thats one example that I like (machine head tuning on most of their songs). I want to be able to change between tunings easily enough though so I might use another guitar for this tuning and put baritone strings on it.

Anyone know where you can get plans for a Tony Iommi SG right handed? There not on guitarbuild.

Thats probably not the exact tuning Ill be using but thats one example that I like (machine head tuning on most of their songs). I want to be able to change between tunings easily enough though so I might use another guitar for this tuning and put baritone strings on it.

Anyone know where you can get plans for a Tony Iommi SG right handed? There not on guitarbuild.

Just use standard SG plans. The only difference is in the inlay, and the fretboard, which is extended right upto the neck pickup, allowing for 24 frets. He also has a few mods to the controls, but I forget exactly what... the woodwork is all the same.

but it doesnt only rely on scale length, many things influence the tension at aq given note, including String diameter(a biggie), humidity, temperature, and others

That is incorrect. Scale length plays a very big part in string tension. If it didn't, then why are most electric basses 34" or 35" scale?

There are three interdependent factors in determining string tension: Scale length, pitch and string gauge. Humidity and temperature don't change your string tension.

There will probably be a bit of a tension difference between 24.75" and 25.5" scale, but you can compensate to a degree with heavier strings. A few bands play with downtuned Les Pauls, so it's definitely do-able.

Definitely try the Zakk Wylde lo-tune strings. On my 7-string (25.5" scale) i use a GHS Boomers Medium set (.011 to .050) with a .070 on my low B (tuned down to A) and they sound great.