Randy Rhoads Polka dot V

Hi to all

Ive been a fan of randy rhoads for 15 years ( i know im a old man ) I would like to do this guitar as a project and was wondering if anyone has gone ahead and made one ? And would help me out along the way , sell me a template or plan and recommend someone in australia i can obtain all the bits needed from the build up .

As im totaly new to guitar building , is this out of reach for me .

Any thoughts or info would be great

Thanks in advance

for a beginer it seems easier to do a shape like a v or an explorer, not much skill needed like top carving and whatnot. the main differences between the rhoads polka dot and a gibson is the headstock and the section where the legs of the v come together. the section at the base of the legs, if you could call them that, is more angled instead of curved like a gibson. thats pretty much all i can give you, as i live in the states and know nothing about template availability.

Hi to all

Ive been a fan of randy rhoads for 15 years ( i know im a old man ) I would like to do this guitar as a project and was wondering if anyone has gone ahead and made one ? And would help me out along the way , sell me a template or plan and recommend someone in australia i can obtain all the bits needed from the build up .

As im totaly new to guitar building , is this out of reach for me .

Any thoughts or info would be great

Thanks in advance

Wecome to the forum! B)

There are quite a few V guitar builds going on at the moment. I would suggest to have a browse through the forum and see how we've gotten along with our builds. There are so many ways to do the same thing. It's going to depend on what tools you have available, what your wood working skills are, and so on.

Good to see that you have an idea for what you would like to build. That's a good thing. Be prepared to learn as you go, since as you say, you are new to this. See you in the other V threads. :D