hendrix or page?

Who is better at playing guitar?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

page by a mile, heck maybe even a country. Well i dont find Jimi Hendrix a good guitar player but more of a guitar style creator and a influentialist. Page has the talent that was probably influnced directly or indirectly by hendrix. It was the style that hendrix did that started the rock and roll style. Page was the master of that style

Would you believe that as a player, builder, and general overall guitar freak for over 27 years that I don't own a single CD of either one of these guys?

Hell, I'd buy a Nina Hagen CD before I'd buy either one of these guys.

...But Hendrix gets my vote.

I like Led Zeppelin OK, but Pagey on his own? Blech. Howl. He was great in the context of a premier band like Zep, but Hendrix OWNED his own soul, and could transmit that thru electricity.

That's talent.

2 different worlds, 2 different players, 2 different concepts of music.

Page was a skinny white horny little malnourished British kid, Hendrix was like a Panther who was fed LSD and let loose in the park at night.

Hendrix wins by a mile, maybe 2. Maybe 10.

what does IMO mean?? ive always wondered

HAHAHA IVE ALWAYS WONDERED THE SAME THING!!! I ALWAYS JUST ASSUMED SOMETHING LIKE "BY THE WAY" OR SOMETHING!!!!!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :DB):D:D

hahahhaha I though it ment "I might (add or offer)" but i couldnt get that last word. I was totally off.

hahahhaha

Since you asked which is a better player, I have to say Page no if's an's or but's about it.

I've said many times, Hendrix was an innovator and he changed the face of rock and roll, I will always respect him for that, but in terms of actual playing, I think Hendrix sucked, he was sloppy as heck.

Page isn't exactly a great player either, but I think he's a far better player than Hendrix was.

I like Led Zeppelin OK, but Pagey on his own? Blech. Howl. He was great in the context of a premier band like Zep, but Hendrix OWNED his own soul, and could transmit that thru electricity.

That's talent.

I'm with you on everything but this is the main reason Igave my vote to hendrix,