Floyd Rose fabricating a Les Paul trem?

If you do let me know... I seen that a long time ago but didn't know what it was until I got here and you posted those pics of the white LP on my thread (the kahler one) . but I decided to write Floyd and asked them about it, and this was their reply.

That bridge is not available. We are re-designing that bridge to fix

problems it had. We hope to have the top mount Les Paul version of the

Original Floyd Rose and a top mount version of the SpeedLoader tremolo

as well next year.

Thanks for your email,

Floyd

Sweet, I might get one if they come out next year!

Guest AlexVDL

I've been looking for those for quite some time now.. I want a floyd rose on my Gibson les paul, but I absolutely don't want to route a big hole into that nice wood :D

I've they're available I'll definately buy one!! B)

BLS, this was the first one that I saw after Licth posted on my thread, but they are not available! And Floyd will be making them again hopefuly next year. So if Kahler decides to stop waisting time making G-clubs and start putting this together I think A lot of people will buy them...

BLS, this was the first one that I saw after Licth posted on my thread, but they are not available! And Floyd will be making them again hopefuly next year. So if Kahler decides to stop waisting time making G-clubs and start putting this together I think A lot of people will buy them...

I know Gary is making trems again but i dunno if theyre making this model. Neal Moser is an authorized kahler dealer now , get ahold of him. He'd be able to tell you if gary is making them again or not.

Im just planning my SG at the moment (not nere buying things for it yet so Im ok for having to wait a year for floyd to start making them again)and at first I wanted a floyd but then I was put off by the fact that first it wouldnt fit the body Im making because the block is to thick and second the fact that it has to be setup again everytime you change string gauge and/or tuning. This seems to solve the problom abit and I would prefer the floyd to a bigsby.

I'd just put a real Floyd Rose (regular style ) or an Ibanez trem in a Les Paul. I saw a Paul with an original style Floyd a few years back, retrofitted, i should have bought it.

The block for a regular floyd is to big to fit the narrow body of the SG.

I don't think so, remember that the neck on the SG is angled, so the Floyd will fit higher on the body, it will not be recessed like in the Ibanez.

However, I dont want a hole in my LP.

I'm with you on this Litch, that's why I haven't got the Kahler, I thought that the Kahler would sit on top like the Floyd, but I e-maied Neal and he told me that there would be a need to carve a small section for the cam to sit propertly on the body. So I will wait until the Floyd is available.

The Les Paul kahler need s a route??

That makes alot of sense....

:D

why not just buy a flatmount then.

I think by flat mount you refer to the one posted on the top of this page? by Litch? that one needs more routing than the LP one, bee the springs at the bottom with the cam, thats all that needs to be routed, but I don't want to do this in my LP.

I met Floyd Rose in person today at a music industry trade show, and i asked him about that flat-mount original Floyd Rose. He said it was designed and built by Schaller, and when they sent him one to review, he found that all those little springs did not have sufficient tension to counteract the string tension on the guitar, unless you were using .008s. It didn't meet his approval, but Kramer went ahead and sold them anyway.

Floyd also said they're working on a new Speedloader flat-mount.

I have to say, Floyd Rose was a super-nice guy, and was very gracious and took a lot of time to answer my questions, and personally demonstrated the Speedloader system to me and talked about the design and manufacturing of the strings. I was extremely skeptical about the system at first, but having seen it in action, i understand it a lot better now. The Speedloader is actually the system he originally wanted to design all those years ago, but nobody could figure out how to manufacture strings to the tolerances required. Floyd had to design the machinery that attaches the "bullets" to the ends of the string with an accuracy of 3 thousandths of an inch. Pretty impressive.

I got a couple of other interesting insights from him as well. He said that when licensed Floyd Rose bridges were manufactured to his specifications (right down to the alloy used for the base plate and knife edges, and the case-hardening process), tuning stability and longevity was excellent. Most licensees don't follow his specs down to that level of detail, which is why a lot of the licensed bridges suck.

He also said that on guitars with bodies made of softer wood, he prefers to put in maple dowels in the body and then mount the studs in those, which prevents the wood-compression related failures that can occur over time with the studs mounted in softer wood.

It was a great experience being able to chat face-to-face with such a brilliant innovator. He's a true genius and a true gentleman.