Cutting bevels on a Rhoads guitar

You could shim out the side so that the bit gradually moves away from the body. It would be a long shim and very difficult to cut. You'd have to make an angled cut on a table saw of just a few degrees, then turn around and cut the little strip off with a straight cut. I think it's a waste of time. If it were me, I'd do it all by hand with an electric sander and then a scraper and file. It wouldn't take that long. You could mark out your lines in pencil or masking tape beforehand, so you knew when to stop.

Frank is right, and you run the risk when using the router that something goes south and screws up the whole thing (been there) real quick.

If that router tips at ALL, you're screwed, and very unhappy.

I cut out all my rear body bouts by hand, and it doesn't take long at all really.

About an hour, and it's not tough work.

Just be sure to use a nice hard flat backer block for your sanding so you retain a nice flat bevelled edge. Clamp it down and use both hands, it will go pretty quick.

I'm glad this came up, I was yea-close to buying one of those 45˚ cutters myself. Let me add this, I've seen a lot of tutorials promoting the use of round over bits witn a router to round off a body. Is this still a suggested method, you would you all suggest rounding the body by hand?

I've seen many a bodys ravaged by an out of controll router!

Yeah,

Everything from templates sliding around to that little sleve on template bits riding up. Its usually neck pockets getting chewed up. Makes me want to reconsider using a chisel. Then again, from what I understand, if you take your time, its really not that hard.

>shrugs<