Bridge Help...

Hey there, I have a GRX720 and i wanted to stop the Trem from working all together so i was thinking of taking out the standard bridge and sticking in a Tune-o-matic. Would this work or would it just crap up on me?

I also saw the Tremel-No, but its not for general sale yet, anyone know when it might be for sale?

Thanks in advance.

set the trem flat, if it's a old type 6 screw onre losse the screws a bit set it flat with the body, then measure the space between the body and the trem, cut a piece of wood that size and shape it to fit the slot tight, on some cases you will have to do one for both sides, but usualy only for floating trems that sit flush while away from the body. It's not the best way to get a hardtail, but it will work. Ah, once the trem is blocked tighten the screws a bit just to hold the trem piece down, not too tight.

You could always block the trem as mentioned above but have you thought about adding more springs and tightening the claw the whole way up, essentially keeping it in the state of lockdown. If you have 3 springs in there now add all 5 to the claw and at least try it, what's the worst that could happen?

For What It's Worth.

Go with the blocking, since it's reversible. Clapton's strats are blocked (not sure why)

Before I install a block, I drill a couple holes in it, so later I can put some screws in those holes to help me pull the block back out of the guitar. But, it's been years since I've done that. I can't remember how I did it exactly. Not much to it , tho.

You could always block the trem as mentioned above but have you thought about adding more springs and tightening the claw the whole way up, essentially keeping it in the state of lockdown. If you have 3 springs in there now add all 5 to the claw and at least try it, what's the worst that could happen?

this is the way I did it first, I tend to find that blocking it gives the guitar more sustain and better sound, like more solid. Block it.

I have done it, if your body is solid wood and not plywood you will have no problem, those little screws are kinda long so they bite good on the body... but iI will still suggest you block it, usualy the trem block are made with cast iron, and is held by 3 small screws on top, I'll be more afraid of this breaking than the screws stripping!

• 2 weeks later...