Congrats GuitarMaestro!!!

No, I don't think so.

He built one extremely nice guitar.

Good start.

VIP?

Not.B):D:D

Awards and badges given out willy nilly make the whole thing a waste of time and the badges worthless.

Just because you win a GOTM doesn't -nearly- qualify you for a VIP.

Actually, I don't really even know what I did to get one, teehee, but if I was giving them out, it would take FAR more than one GOTM win to get one from me. FAR more.

But you BOTH built some Sa-MOKIN' guitars, that is a natural fact. :D

We'll I don't know what determines if someone is a VIP or not, I'm not in that decision making process. He might not even want that kinda badge anyway. I was under the impression if you win the GOTM you get VIP, but I might be wrong. Heck I don't know, also don't care, he still did a great job all the same.

I've been slowed down lately on my next guitar, but I got some heavier wood than I wanted for that Driskill copy, so I threw it away. No sense in making it with wood that's over 2.8lb's a bf if you can help it. I bought enough Honduras Mahongany to build 3 complete guitars and have a 5A quilt top coming in. So things are looking better. Can't wait to get things started again, I'm getting the itch.. haha Been working on some designs also so.. reviewing some products.. buying bulk Lite Swamp Ash. Let's just say I've been busy...

Another addict, eh?

:DB)B)

Welcome to the world of guitar addiction.

And no, you don't get VIP from one GOTM win.

There's a section here that defines the (present anyway) badging system, but I'm too lazy to go hunt it down and link it here, but it's here somewhere. :D

You building a Driskill stylee is scaring me. It will be a fa-roukin' firebreather I'm certain. :D

PS, I also offer congrats to GM on his guitar, it is a terrific job.

And I also have been on a wood-buying frenzy ( :DB) ) the last week or so. I've bought at least 10 distinctly different pieces of highly figured wood of various heredities, and I also am stoked to build with them.

I hope you stay the way you are and don't get like me with 15 guitars all going at once, I very much admire your ability to concentrate on one project and make it perfect. I'm not like that, (although I enjoy my style of doing things) and your work is so top-notch I hope you keep that focused perspective you have.

I've been slowed down lately on my next guitar, but I got some heavier wood than I wanted for that Driskill copy, so I threw it away.

YOU WHAT!!! :D

You didn't throw away the body you've all ready cut have you???

GF, for what it's worth I just wanted to say your strat project impacted many of us greatly. I've done searches finding posts by you a year ago asking similar questions I would need to ask now. Asking these questions only a year ago and look what you can do!!! WOW, EXTREMELY ENCOURAGING to us inexperienced wannabees!

GuitarMaestro produced a great guitar and very worthy of winning this months GOTM...Congratulations Dude! B)

I've been slowed down lately on my next guitar, but I got some heavier wood than I wanted for that Driskill copy, so I threw it away.

YOU WHAT!!! :D

You didn't throw away the body you've all ready cut have you???

GF, for what it's worth I just wanted to say your strat project impacted many of us greatly. I've done searches finding posts by you a year ago asking similar questions I would need to ask now. Asking these questions only a year ago and look what you can do!!! WOW, EXTREMELY ENCOURAGING to us inexperienced wannabees!

GuitarMaestro produced a great guitar and very worthy of winning this months GOTM...Congratulations Dude! B)

We'll the weight is a big issue with alot of people, if the guitar weighs too much then it isn't worth anything to me. I could have came back and cut out tone chambers in it, but then again, that's only if I have to, I can get more of that wood for a decent price with a much lighter weight. Also, I'm wanting to do a slightly different design so that it doesn't resemble other guitars as much, and will have a personal touch to it.

Thanks for the boost of confidence, I did the Strat tutorial for that very reason, I wanted to not just show parts of the process, but the total picture. Everything I had read before was bits and pieces of the guitar building process, nothing actually complete. And I hope that it comes close to an actual hands on thing, where you can do it step by step and build your very own. From scratch to Strat. lol I learned alot while doing it also, so we all learned.. lol I thought that the neck jig tutorial would also help out some people who didn't want to spend 355 bucks on one, but not many people have shown interest, so you never know what people will find useful. I had more people that go to guitarbuildingtemplates.com email and call me about the neck jig than here.

Drak, I didn't just become an addict... I've been one.. I started playing the guitar when I was 10 and still play in two bands even now on weekends. I really never cared for the guitar as a work of art until one of my friends started telling me about Edromanguitars and Driskill. It eventually rubbed off on me, all the talk about the quilted maple tops, and various woods. So eventually a year ago I started searching for a way to make guitars. I didn't even know what a router was back then. lol So I didn't have any woodworking skills at all. Instead of jumping into making guitars full force I made a kit guitar a year ago and worked with finishing and setting up phases of building. I figured it would give me experience in that. Later I built a body and bought a neck. Then decided to build necks I wanted to have a wood duplicating machine. So, after months of research we built two copy carvers. I have personally messed up a neck I had finished with it.. lol So it didn't take me long to learn how to calibrate it better.. haha.. Then I bought tons of tools, fretting, woodworking, etc. I totalled up just my fretting tools to be over 650 dollars alone. Buying them slowly when I could, and doing fretwork on any guitar I could find. I don't even want to get into what I've spent on woodworking tools.. haha That's when I decided to build a neck jig, I researched it till I was blue in the face, and decided to take the plunge. We've built two of them now and I love it. I actually want to build more.. haha Fixed two cracked necks, and redid many guitars in the process.. all for free.. yikes.. lol Then did the Strat project and the neck jig tutorial.. who knows what's next, but I've really enjoyed the ride. As you can see I spent more time building the tools first than making guitars.. lol But now that I've got them, it's time to use them.. I've still got alot to learn, but that's what keeps me going... Sorry to make a long story.. we'll.. longer.. lol