Ozzfest

Bounty Hunter

Sabbath was very good. Ozzy was amazingly coherent. That was my first time seeing the original lineup. Seemed to me that there was a minor problem with Tony's setup at first (it seemed it lacked volume), but it was resolved rather quickly. My only gripe was that they didn't do Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

In all honesty, the group that surprised me the most was Slayer. I am not a big Slayer fan, but they did an excellent job. Some of the younger bands could learn a thing or two from them. There wasn't too much gab in between songs, they pretty much just got up there and rocked out.

In all honesty, the group that surprised me the most was Slayer. I am not a big Slayer fan, but they did an excellent job. Some of the younger bands could learn a thing or two from them. There wasn't too much gab in between songs, they pretty much just got up there and rocked out.

that is slayer's M.O.

they don't talk...they just JAM...and man can they jam

i have probably been to 5? slayer concerts...every one was just like that...every now and the tom says "you guys are great...thanks" and jumps into the next one

the whole crowd is going "SLAYER...SLAYER...SLAYER..." and he just stands there looking like he doesn't understand it...but like it just means the world to them....

i think they are one of the few bands these days that truly appreciate their fans...even if they don't understand them :D

I went to the Chicago one, it was an awesome show.

Second Stage

Throwdown - They started at 9 instead of 9:30 so i missed half their set but they did an EXCELLENT cover of Sepultura's "Roots Bloody Roots" and they had some catchy songs. Amazingly they got the crowd pretty pumped up.

Magna Fi - They started by playing Eruption... pretty sad when the best part of their set is someone else's solo. I still don't know why they were on the bill... they weren't the bit heavy.

Devil Driver - Some awesome songs, Dez still has that awesome voice he had back in Coal Chamber. They got a good pit going.

God Forbid - Great set, some excellent songs. I needed a drink so i missed half their set.

Unearth - Simply AMAZING. These guys are awesome guitarist. During "One Step Away" One of the guitarist did a sweeping solo behind his head, then spun the guitar around him three times and on the third time jumped up on the drum platform and caught the guitar. They put on an amazing stage show.

Everytime I Die - Sucked, went to the bathrooms after the first song.

Lacuna Coil - Awesome. They sounded great and play my favorites. And Christina was looking great as usual.

Bleeding Through - see Everytime I Die

Otep - was busy meeting Zakk Wylde.

Atreyu - They put on a great show, had excellent crowd response. I was surprised to see them playing Korean LTD's. After their set they came out and talked with the fans, cool guys.

Darkest Hour - Finally a Melodic Band!!! They were awesome. They were also playing Korean LTD's.

Lamb of God - Great set. They got the wall of death going during "Black Label", the wall of death is when the divide the crowd into two parts then have them run into each other.. kinda like braveheart.

Hatebreed - Definitely the Best second stage pit. It was crazy.

Slipknot - not worth my time, i went to find my First Stage seats.

First Stage

BLS - Zakk was once again wasted, but still played a great set. He played his Orange and Black Les Paul and his RR V.

Superjoint Ritual - sucked.

Dimmu Borgir - Spooky guys in face paint with spikes and leather + Daylight = FUNNY! But they still played all their songs flawless.

Slayer - Thier setlist kinda disappointed me. But the crowd went crazy and started to rip up the lawn and throw clumps of grass all over. Thier no longer is a lawn now.. its just dirt :D

Judas Priest - AMAZING!!!! Halford still has his voice!! Glenn and KK were amazing. When their 75 minute set was over i was ready to go home, then i forgot Sabbath was next.

Black Sabbath - This was the best I've seen Ozzy in YEARS. His voice was excellent and he was his usual dopey self. It brought a tear to my eye seeing all of them back together. I can die happy now.

I would of paid Triple my ticket price. It was simply and amazing show that I'll never forget.

Yeah- i got to go to the one in jersey on the 26th of august with BACKSTAGE PASSES :D for the second stage!!

Everyone freakin ROCKED with the exception of Otep and Superjoint Ritual (Don't mind Otep, but their performance was.....lacking)

Also- we in Jersey were robbed..........Black Sabbath...........WITHOUT OZZY!?!?!?!

They tried "replacing" him with the dude from Judas Priest...........No

Other than that, it was still freakin great- got to meet a BUNCH of people, got a random drum head that one of the bands threw out and got it signed by the drummers from otep, lamb of god, and lacuna coil, as well as the guitarist from hatebreed. Got a bunch of performance pics from slipknot (Point Blank) and one or two from each of the main stage performances (except superjoint) Also got pics with Dez from Devildriver (YESSSS!) and Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!)

Great Show, Great Bands, No Ozzy

That's pretty much it

Oh yeah- GOT IN FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (brother-in-law got the HOOK-UP)

Maybe so, but if you're going to the OZZfest, you're expecting to get to see OZZY

btw- lots & lots of people left as soon as they said he wasn't gonna be there

I at least gave it a chance and stayed for like 2 songs, but I'm 16, so Judas Priest isn't exactly in my "era" of music or whatever

oh yeah, they also sent out a fake ozzy during the second stage(lol), I guess so suspicions caused from possible rumors wouldn't be raised...

according to my brother-in-law (the fake ozz theory was heard from him), who was on the side of the stage closest to the fake ozz at the time, he saw one of the security guards ask him for ID (who in their right mind would ask the real ozzy for and ID at ozzfest?) and he also didn't have O-Z-Z-Y tattooed on his hand

no ozzy at ozzfest..........what's this world coming to....................

That may be true, but I wouldn't really be into Sabbath if it wasn't for two main reasons:

1- Gets me through- great song, and when was the last time you heard a Judas Priest song blastin on the radio all day

2- Iron man/crazy train- when you suck as much as I do at guitar (or as much as I did back when i learned them, even though I do still suck) and you can play something that even SLIGHTLY resembles an actual song, you WILL get into it

but for the most part- you are right, because I also don't listen to my sabbath cds too often (but they're still there), and as far as *old* music that I listen to often: Slayer, Metallica, Korn, Meshuggah, Tool, etc.- stuff that's really not old, but It was already out when I started getting into music- so maybe my view of time is just extremely distorted and makes no sense...........

whatever- I really don't even know what the hell I'm talking about anymore so I think I'll stop

-oh yeah my main point was I got into Sabbath through Ozzy's "solo" work, so thats why I consider Judas Priest to be older, and there I go again not making any sense

Oh well, it works itself out in my head whether it does in anyone else's or not

Edited by ficoprieto