ground problem?

guitarmonky55

so i picked up my ibanez today and whenever i touch the whammy bar and not touch any other metal part, i get thsi terrible crackling buzz. when i touch another metal part it goes away. when i touch just the pickup screws i get shocked. whast going on ? how can i fix it?

Yeah that's pretty scary....probably want to check the wall sockets too...

definately check the wall socket, the only time I got shocked was when I couldn't plug the guitar amp in my grandma's house and I used an extension cord with the groung tang cut out. I was fine until my wife came over barefooted and gave me a kiss She won't kiss me again while I'm playing the guitar...

found the problem......we just re-arranged the front room because were doing flooring, and i had to move my gutiar next to the computer. i couldnt reach the amp power cord to plug into my other power strip so i used the 15 year old one on the computer. that was the problem. i moved it straight into the wall socket and its all fine now.