don't laugh but tell me what you think

well I've made my mind up about the wood for the body it will be a pice of realy figerd lacewood down the center with flamed maple fins on each side. but the neck is still wide open and waiting for ideas!! I was thinking purpleheart but iam not sure if that will go well with the body wood's and iam worred about it being way to neck heavy unless I can find a way to place the strap buttons so that it dose not mater. :D

thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Matt -

I missed this earlier - I like the look of it. It's brutal! Have you considered using hard maple for the main body wood? It's a little heavy but I think it's ideal for metal/lead guitars. I've been playing my tiger guitar for a while now and it really stands out and delivers when it comes to a mean biting sound. Those obviously aren't scientific terms but I don't know how to describe it. There is a definite difference between a maple body and an alder body. Both are excellent choices but my preference is maple.

Anyway, pickups are also a critical choice when it comes to having a great sounding guitar so maybe it all depends on what you're planning on using.

I always have a great appreciation for people who venture out and create their own designs - I give you lots of credit for that and look forward to seeing the progress pics!

DaveQ

Yo Matt, That guitar is F'in awesome. I like the design alot. you have a good eye for a wicked metal guitar. it looks so mean. Puts Dimes to shame IMO. what program you use to make this picture? Sweet Axe man.

Thanks man it means alot to me when I hear stuf like that any way I used my paint

program I took a pic I found of another guitar online that had the right wood type at the time that I was thinking of using and then copy cut and paste In to the close shape and then I whent from there not to hard and it helps me with the designs.

it maks them feal a bit more real in my mind.

Anyway, pickups are also a critical choice when it comes to having a great sounding guitar so maybe it all depends on what you're planning on using.

thanks well Iam hopeing to use an EMG 81-7-string pickup or make my own overwound and have it pushing out [20k-ohms]Iam not sure if i said that right

any way I have one now and I love it :D

!!METAL MATT!!

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap it took me long enough to get most of my dumb pics to work :D my internet has been down for a wile so iam still working on geting it all to work right so sorry if all my pics dont work B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Have someone make you some nickel metal caps for the tips of the V (maybe the headstock too), like 4" long or so for the V and maybe 1" for the headstock. I think it would look cool and would protect the ends. Kinda like those cowboy boots with the steel-tipped toes. Great for kicking people when they're down...

Have someone make you some nickel metal caps for the tips of the V (maybe the headstock too), like 4" long or so for the V and maybe 1" for the headstock. I think it would look cool and would protect the ends. Kinda like those cowboy boots with the steel-tipped toes. Great for kicking people when they're down...

SWEEEET!! :D I love that idea I could do some kind of a trible spike design and it could drag down the body a bit and I could burn the tips for that HOT METAL look. I'll join them to the body with large hand hammered rivits for a cool midevil look or screws with some kind of detachable caps that have that same look to them. thanks now you got my mind moven!! and I smell smoke :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

GOODIDEA12.jpg

Well I came up with a rough idea of what I want to do for a design what do you

think. Iam not sure how I'll get them made yet so any ideas there would be cool

thanks.

hey!

totally missed this thread!

kickass design. Im not a fan of pointy BC rich type guitars, but this i like.... very uunique and cool body shape. i dont like the headstock, but the body is cool.

any more news on it?

any more news on it?

Well so far it's kind of ground to a halt for a lack of good quality wood Ive got my lace wood for the center but I just cant find an worthy maple for the side's ive been looking for months but no luck its real hard to find figerd maple hear is saskatoon and I dont want to lose hope but its geting a litel old B)