don't laugh but tell me what you think

vixenmodforshow13.jpg

I know It's a very rough looking drawing and it's nowhere near to scale but it's a start so Iam open to sugestons. I dont know what wood to use so some help there would be cool to!! B)

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I like it a lot, but I'm worried about the bottom edge. You'll just have to make sure that the point where the larger curve meets the bottom edge (due south of the tailpiece) doesn't poke into your leg when sitting down. If however, it sits behind your leg, you may have invented one of the only V guitars that can be played sitting down!

nice! "I" would increase the distance between the nut and the headstock. Narrow the headstock some or add some angle, taper in or out, to the outside edge. bevel the whole body or binding. Maybe narrow the angle of the v slightly but it's your design and drawn full scale it my look very different and be cool as is!

"looks like your typical moser/ bc rich crazy guitars" A good thing in my book, Neal is the man. Tim

looks kinda like the guitar i drew today at work, only mine was a heavily modified SG, same bottom end though :D

I really like it, but its not our opinons that matter, its weather YOU like it or not, if you dont like it, change it until you do

Good luck, keep us posted

Curtis

increase some wood behind the bridge, will get a 100% better tonal response. You need at least 3 inches of wood behing the bridge to get some good tones.

some people swear by steinberger

Very cool but points crack off...

not if the guitar is designed properly

and stop dropping your guitars and they won't break :D

wow thanks guys for all the kind words I agree on the headstock design being a bit a off so I will work on that and see what happens. :D

increase some wood behind the bridge, will get a 100% better tonal response. You need at least 3 inches of wood behing the bridge to get some good tones. 
Well I wanted the string through to go tight with that line at base of the guitar I realy like the way it fits the design it gives it that tough look but I may add some wood in but not alot it is a very long guitar and I don't want to reck it's look thanks for the tip I will keep it in mind.

I was thinking of doing a quilted maple top and purpleheart back Iam not sure what to do for the neck any way I was thinking of calling this one [MONSTER]

Thanks B)

untitledheadstock.jpg

Now hears more of an idea of what I want for the headstock B)

Thanks

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Won't the string angles from the nut to the tuners be a bit steep with that design? What are the opinions of the experienced buiders out there?

Well yes in that pic the string angles from the nut to the tuners are a bit steep well very steep but thats just a rough drawing I made with my paint program

so I could give people an idea about my design.

I have the finished design on paper all measured out and it works perfect B)

Thanks

From the V that I just finished up, I don't think that the string spread at the headstock is going to be a problem. I actually think it looks pretty cool, IMHO, to have the strings flair out like that on the headstock.

You have to be more carefull slotting the nut to handle the pull off to the side, but it doesn't seem to be a problem if it's done right.

great design but dont call it the monster its a rubbish name (And precisely what I was planning to call a 7 string project that I am doin :D ) I agree with true russian though, with the centre strings tuner being in the centre of the headstock thing (I know what I mean) Did a 5 string bass like that and it looked pretty sweet

great design but dont call it the monster its a rubbish name (And precisely what I was planning to call a 7 string project that I am doin  ) I agree with true russian though, with the centre strings tuner being in the centre of the headstock thing (I know what I mean) Did a 5 string bass like that and it looked pretty sweet

Well what do think I should name it Iam not set on monster I think it would be cool to get a few sugestons and iam starting to like this idea of a center tuner for the

D-string I would love to get some more info on this!! and hey welcome to the forum

demon B)

Thanks

d-string? you mean like the d-tuna?

if its what im thinking about, its a preset little lever/knob you turn to drop to D really quickly. i dont know how precise it is, but im sure they wouldnt be selling alot of them if that was the case. the drawback that i see is just visual. the one i saw was about 2" long looked kind of obtrusive.

but you may be talking about something totally different.

d-string? you mean like the d-tuna?

No on my headstock the D-string is center on the string-nut and iam thinking about mounting a string tuner in the center of the headstock or some thing like that I would like to get more info first before I make up my mind. B)

Thanks

iwhat i was saying is that you can use a banjo tuner, since the are straight (like tuning pegs) but are mechanized so that would work as the center tuner, or angle the knobs of a normal tuning machine up into that hole you have positioned.

only problem is that banjo tuning pegs have a much lower ratio (i.e. less turns for one full revolution of the tunning post), so it could get akward when you string up the normal strings with 100 or so turns, but the center one with like 20 turns.

Edited by truerussian558

great design but dont call it the monster its a rubbish name (And precisely what I was planning to call a 7 string project that I am doin  ) I agree with true russian though, with the centre strings tuner being in the centre of the headstock thing (I know what I mean) Did a 5 string bass like that and it looked pretty sweet

Hey demon do you have any pics of that 5-string bass it might help to give me an idea or two!! :D

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)