Crazy Guitars

Okay, tell me if this is a stupid idea but, during by a game of tennis earlier today me and my bass player inadvertidly slipped into some air guitar antics and I suddenly thought how rock 'n' roll a tennis racket shaped guitar would be, I was thinking along the lines of Yamaha's silent guitars with no body...surely somebody must've thought of this before though...any thoughts

?

since i am very unathletic and suckat tennis i wouldnt know but i prefer gods natrual beuties like mahogany and woman ,tiger maple and my wife. but heck it never hurts to try somthing diferent . what about a guitar body made out of billet alluminum? maybe two pieces so it could be hollowed out then attach the top with crome allen head screws placed around the whole body but they would be countersunk.

dude now you got me thinking about making one!!!!!!!!!!!!

great and im not even finished my real wood guitar yet!

but im going to incuire about a price on the alluminum, i bet it would be expensive! rye :D

hey thats pretty cool! i had a diferent vision, but i dont have to worry about working on one of those for a while!lol :D

Somebody made some aluminum body guitars close to that back in the late 80's or early 90's if I remember correctly. They were featured in Musicians Friend at one point. :D

I think it was the Rogue Aluminator. It looked like anodized aluminum with swiss cheese holes all over it.