wow.

Please hotlink any photos from my website into any guitar forum you like. I do not care about the bandwidth, as it generates interest in my products. Thankyou.

wow, imagine that, a person who makes PROFESSIONAL guitars not caring about hotlinking.

this just proves my point that much more.

perry :D

Jimm my friend, upon further inspection, i did a search for your user name. and the search proved my theory that you have been here for a few YEARS, have 36 post, and none of those post actually have you telling someone any advice, comments, or any work YOU have done..

sooooo.... this leads me to believe your a poser, and you just talk alot of BS. lets see some of the stuff youve done, you ARE on a guitar building site right? well what are you here to do then? build and share advice or talk BS? cause as of now i havent seen anything you have ever done that is worth anything. actually, i vote for Jimm to be banned, its called Trolling, and he is doing nothing but making low blow remarks and not helping the "community" as he calls it, at all. at least i have a few hundred post of giving advice and making new intresting post.

boy that's a red herring if i've ever seen one...

bottom line is you guys should try to act like adults and back up your arguments with facts instead of acting like children. and no, asm im not trying to point you out. but it seems from the argumentative tone that your taking the argument personally.

Edited by Gnome

Hi Guys, I sent out an email to the guy that owns TimTone guitars TimTone homepage, Tim Diebert, as well as a bunch of other guitar makers on the web. This is the first reply I got back from him personally, so I figured I'd post it:

His Quote:

"Hi Scott. Thanks for the compliments.

My website is built and designed to expose my work to potential

clients.

The more visitors I get, the better. Even under your described

circumstances.

But having said that....I would like to add that though I don't

consider the use of my images for viewing as 'theft', I do mind folks blatantly

copying my designs and construction details. Not at a home hobbyist level, but

at a commercial level.

Have fun.

Cheers, TT"

I'll post the others as soon as I get replies.

Edited by Gnome
nice blue text and bold words there sweety cakes. if i didnt allredy know you were fruity, this would sure be the final clue.

I think this is a direct slam towards another member, not to mention a diplomatically incorrect one :D

This is grounds for suspension isn't it? hehehe

Jimm my friend, upon further inspection, i did a search for your user name. and the search proved my theory that you have been here for a few YEARS, have 36 post, and none of those post actually have you telling someone any advice, comments, or any work YOU have done..

sooooo.... this leads me to believe your a poser, and you just talk alot of BS. lets see some of the stuff youve done, you ARE on a guitar building site right? well what are you here to do then? build and share advice or talk BS? cause as of now i havent seen anything you have ever done that is worth anything. actually, i vote for Jimm to be banned, its called Trolling, and he is doing nothing but making low blow remarks and not helping the "community" as he calls it, at all. at least i have a few hundred post of giving advice and making new intresting post.

Jimm has also never claimed to be a guitar builder, only a lover of custom guitars. I've done work for Jimm and will be doing more for him. He's a straight shooter plain and simple.

Number of posts means nothing, in fact, I will look at the member who's been here for a few years with only a few posts with more respect than the kid who's been here for a few months with nearly 500 posts.

ASM, what are you here to do besides stir the crap? I haven't seen anything you've actually done worth mentioning either, and Jimm isn't trolling, trolls create problems, kinda like you're doing. You are making more low blow posts in one thread than Jimm has in all his 36.

Not to mention that your avatar is a slam to the forum.

Maturity is a wonderful characteristic to have, you should possibly try finding some.

im just asking why is he here? it strikes me as odd that someone i have never heard of is making lude replies to my thread. and turning it into more of a regular net forum than what this actually is, a guitar building forum.

personally, i would rather see someone with 700 post and have actually slightly contributed to some things in the past, make some not so great comments. than some guy just poping up out of no where making these comments, i mean, what kind of forum does he think this is? he should just go back to 'teen chat' on yahoo or something, cause i havent seen anything about guitars come up in his 2 or so year span on here. which is........kinda strange since its a hmmmm . guitar forum?

You're right, he's never made a guitar related or helpful post on here :D

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=10515&hl=

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...owtopic=361&hl=

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...owtopic=223&hl=

He has also bought and sold on here quite a bit which you may not view as helpful but it puts parts and $$$ into other builders pockets.

I see Jimm as a member who comes here for information, he's one of few who have reached the education level that is high enough to use the search button. He is a hobbiest, he's never claimed anything else. That being the case he doesn't post in every thread. If you don't have anything to say then don't say it. Having 36 posts isn't a bad thing.

He's every bit a helpful contributing member to this forum as anyone who posts valid info. And significantly more of a valuable member than those who whine about everything they can find.

no, i dont respect you, youve dont nothing to me personally for me to respect you? why would i? you could be some serial killer for all i know. its not about respect, its about INFORMATION. thats why its a building forum. and not a counseling forum.

Wow, I've "dont nothing" for you to respect me.

You don't even know what respect is man. Sure I could be a serial killer just like you could be a chicken molestor, but the bottom line is, respect is earned. That comes from actually helping people. Giving valid answers and not slamming others at any given opportunity.

However, I'll let things slide with you only because I remember what it was like when I was 14 years old and thought I knew everything too. One day you'll get it. I suppose you are one of those people who believes that democracy means you should be able to do and say anything you want and get away with it too. You still don't get it. You probably never will. It's to bad, if you put the time into working on a guitar that you do into whining about things on project guitar you might have pictures of a really nice instrument to show off.......

here we go with the high horse again.

Age has nothing to do with respect. Like I said, respect is earned, I don't even know how old you are, but you come across like a whiny little teenager who got the car keys taken away. I'm hardly an old man, and I'm hardly the most experienced builder here.

It just amazes me how absolutely clueless some people are.

At any rate, your snide remarks and crybaby attitude have grown old, so I think I shall leave this thread alone, you've made enough of an ass of yourself all by yourself, you don't need anymore help to continue doing that.

Oh, by the way, your avatar is gone again :D

LOL, nice one Scott, I missed the spelling mistake there B)

seems like this forum have turned into a bunch of political, treehugging hippies who care more about the background of a picture and where it came from, than just looking at the damn thing. good grief ive never seen so many people make rules and try to bring LAWS into PICTURES posted on a HALF RATE GUITAR FORUM.

seriously, you people need to bring the paranoid level down about 300% and stop thinking the fbi is gonna break down your door if you posted a picture of John Doe's Gibson he got from his aunt on his 14th birthday.

ASM - That's some true Rock 'm Roll rebel spirit. ;-)

That same spirit got me playing and building guitars in the first place.

You may not word everything so politically correct, but who says you must. Freedom of speech is a great good (no matter how right or wrong you may be).

Edited by RGGR