Talent Show

Curtis P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon enough, i will post a song that we made up, no lyrics, and it will be crappy quality because we can only do tape recording, then record from the tape onto the computer, but maybe sunday night i will get it posted

Curtis

im just saying that that type of music grooves and metal doesnt appeal to the masses, now i noe ur gona flame me again

1. The only one flaming here is YOU....I wrote a long text filled with arguments

2. Every music type can groove like hell if played tight

3. Reread your first post and realize that you wrote MUCH more wrong things about metal and music in general....

• 4 weeks later...

We decided we will be playing Ronnie by Metallica, no complex leads or nothing, so I been slowly picking away at it, while practicing lead to Fade to Black,

Wish us luck! hopefully I am practicing tommorow with the drummer,

Curtis

Ronnie is off of load, bout aschool shooting that happened before columbine, as for chrisdee, the last school battle of bands i went to everyone was screaming for slayer to be played

MzI

Yea, its a pretty good listen, download it or go by Load,

Curtis

I beleive what GMaistro said earlierr has been the best advice so far, how you play is more important than what song yo choose to play. Having said that, that holds true if your are talking about cover songs, so play one of your own songs, really well, and you may take the title and be all the more proud of accomplishing a victory with your own music.

BTW- One of my many high school bands won one of these shindigs by playing our original "grind core" (whatever that really meant I dont know) music.

PEace,

Ryan

I beleive what GMaistro said earlierr has been the best advice so far, how you play is more important than what song yo choose to play. Having said that, that holds true if your are talking about cover songs, so play one of your own songs, really well, and you may take the title and be all the more proud of accomplishing a victory with your own music.

BTW- One of my many high school bands won one of these shindigs by playing our original "grind core" (whatever that really meant I dont know) music.

PEace,

Ryan

so you had like distorted vocals and blast beats?

Distorted vocals yes, if only the result of screamingly bad singer and a crappy PA... blast beats? The rest of the band was stoked when we plpayed with Bloodlet in MD. The rest of the band said we were grindcore- so i went with it.

Peace,Ryan

blast beats are what make up grindcore, constant bass/snare super fast, like for instance

B= bass drum

S=snare

all 32nd notes....

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS