Do I buy her a ring or do I get a guitar?

Matia

Do I buy her a ring or do I get a guitar?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so the mrs has been really hinting at this new ring she has seen and has been dropping some reallly bad hints! So do I buy it her or do I go buy the sweet prs I've seen in my local guitar shop!????

By the way anyone voting not to buy the ring has to give a suitable excuse for buying the guitar!!!!!!!! :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trust me if you get the guitar all you'll hear for the rest of your life is"remember that time you got that guitar when all i wanted was a little ring"or my personal favorite"what's more important,me or your guitar?"

i think we all know the answer to that one :D

Just get the PRS and tell her it's an investment for your future. It will go up in value as the years go by. Ask her if a ring will do that... Well maybe, but who cares, just get the guitar.

I'll tell you what, I have alot of kewl guitars, I'd trade them all for that special someone in my life, as great as my guitars are, they don't comfort me when I'm sad, or hold me when I'm lonely.

If you have that special someone, don't take advantage of it (I did and I lost what I had :D ) Thank god for the gift you have, and show her your appreciation every chance you get, you never know, she might be thinking about buying that PRS for you for some occasion B)

You better get both, put em both on layaway, beleive me from a Woman, you will be in big trouble, that guitar will be her worst enemy so buy both, a Womans mind is wayyyyyyyy different from a Mans and she will somehow someway someday make you regret the day you got the guitar and not the ring....

Make your girl in her material ways happy as you can then you can play your heart out on your new toy.

wise words from sacred,my wife still brings up the time i had my truck motor souped up instead of taking her to the beach.on the bright side i have the fastest v-6 in my part of the country(bored .030 over,big lift cam,ported intake and exhaust,3 inch pipes,50,000 volt coil,and more).somehow though that doesn't impress her. :D i really thought it would. B)

Ok so the mrs has been really hinting at this new ring she has seen and has been dropping some reallly bad hints! So do I buy it her or do I go buy the sweet prs I've seen in my local guitar shop!????

You know how you spend half your time in the UK and half your time in Oz?

If you buy a guitar instead of the ring you might never go back to Oz. Now this might be a good thing. The bad part is you'll spend your time in the UK recovering from massive trauma.

The ring reduces the drama.

Reducing drama is good.

Well what can I say.... the ring won! I gave in and took her down to get it today... she was more than pleased!! :D

However I did then walk into the paper shop and buy no less than four guitar mags which I can now leave strategically around the house with an open page on the PRS!!!! haha! :DB)B):D

Who says women are better manipulators than men.....

Spanks for all your help guys... :D

• 2 weeks later...

hey just go and put a little money down on the guitar to hold it, then in a couple of months go and finish paying it. then when you bring it home she will flip out, but keep your cool! just reply by saying " well i thought that if you got your ring ,i could get my guitar?" and when she looks at you with puzzlment in her eyes just say " dont you remember?" and then when she says no you can say " figures you only care about what you want, of course you wouldnt remember what i wanted."

heck it could work!

i bought my wife a ring for christmas and she loves it!, the next fall i was on e-bay and saw a prs tourquise soapbar mcarty , jokingly i sayed to her "hey its the one i want can i bid on it?" and she sayed yes! of course at the time she was saying it sarcasticly but i didnt know! and now i have a beutiful PRS and she doesnt hold it over me!

in the same week my 68 dual showman blew up again!

so she let me get a mesa dc-5 it was great and i still got a lot of sex!!

of course i am poor now! :D

• 4 weeks later...

She got the ring today but he will get her tonight!

• 4 weeks later...

Well... Get the guitar.... and write her a song.. lol, then work some more and buy her a ring.... lol that way if she bitches, you plug ur PRS in and blast the amp so you can hear her anymore :D

sell her existing jewellry and get an extra guitar...

:D

I had this dilemma not too long ago. I got lucky and got a nice bonus at work, so I got her a ring and bought my Taylor 314ce!

Then 6 weeks later, the neck cracked up by the nut. DAMN!

I'm still waiting to get it back from Taylor, but she has her ring............

Buy the guitar.