Wet sanding primer coat

ZiKi

I read multiple places to wet sand a primer coat with 600 grit. Unfortunately, i only have 400 right now, and the only time ill be able to get it would be tommorrow night, which would ruin my weekend project of painting my guitar.

Can i use 400 or would it be too rough?

I could possibly do it lightly :D

I always dry sand primer with 400. Never heard of wet sanding primer...primer is porous and will absorb water...right into the wood. In fact, just recieved a Warmoth body today, an instruction sheet with a large warning...Do not wet sand primer...must be some bad advise going around the internet. :D

I always dry sand primer with 400. Never heard of wet sanding primer...primer is porous and will absorb water...right into the wood. In fact, just recieved a Warmoth body today, an instruction sheet with a large warning...Do not wet sand primer...must be some bad advise going around the internet. :D

The reason why not to wet sand is because the hazard of going thru it and making the wood underneath swell. Warmoth says that they don't wet sand AT ALL. If the primer is fully cured you souldnt have a problem dry sanding. I have wet sanded it with no problem, but have to by wery carefull and drying it constantly.