My new JS....uhhh...RG?

Thought I'd show you guys my first guitar. I basically just stripped all the parts off my RG220 and remade this guitar with the new body I made and a cuople of misc. parts I bought like push/pull pots. It's basswood with Duplicolor paint.... It's not exact as far as the body goes.. I had to make some revisions to the inner parts of the horns as well as the neck heal to accomdate the neck..... Anyway here's the link:

JS guitar

It's friggin Geocities so I apologize if it gives you trouble. If it doesn't let you see it because of bandwidth just try back later.............. Hope you like....

Fred

EDIT:

If the above link doesn't work try this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/shadowninja_x/

Edited by Gigabyte

Thanks! It plays excellent suprisingly. I've played real JS guitars before but never like the neck or the pickups.... I didn't think it was going to come out as good as it did being my first and all. The sustain is noticably better than the RG was too..

I opened a a photobucket account since Geocities sucks so here's a new link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/shadowninja_x/

What's up with all these JSsssssss suddenly appearing out of the woodworks????

Very cool.

I must say this one looks great Gigabyte, I also like the way you handled the back of the AANJ on this one. I was thinking doing something similar on mine. On JS/Radius plans this swirl comes from lower horn and ends at top of neckplate. With AANJ this solution wouldn't work (as there is no neckplate), so JEM style swirl works magic.

I like it.

Guest AlexVDL

Wow, very well done. Amazing carving, it looks so real. I love the AANJ on that body, and with that neck the guitar looks better. I never like the straight headstock on the real JS, so I love this one :D

Thanks for the kind words guys. The paint was a mother... I used 4 cans of primer (lots of sanding), 1 can of Gunmetal Grey (Metallic), and 3 cans of clear..... I went straight to 1500 grit (wet) and then finished with 3M Rubbing Compound....

....Giga, what tools did you use to carve that body???? It looks better then some factory prototypes I have seen.

As far as shaping what I did was just run around the whole body with 1/2 radius bit (except close to the neck pocket).. everything else I did with files, chisels and a spokeshave I think it's called.... I also used an orbit sander, sand paper and a sanding block... The most useful tool for me was the spokeshave. I just penciled were I wanted the line to end and then just shaved excess off like butter...

Edited by Gigabyte