Vampyre Lexan Tutorial

ansil

http://www.geocities.com/ansilgregory/Vampyre.htm

this is a quick and dirty tutorial i didn't spell check so if you want to comment on that you are wasting my time and yours :D i hope this helps out a few people who were interested in the lexan etching.

a few faq's

the amp chasis has been ground down and leveled

the wooden case has been covered with the rubber grip stuff i use for texture and is being covered in black material that is a cross between 90's goth and 70's coolness.

i will try to get more pics as it goes.

Thanks man i still have one memory card left to get uploaded but i am trying it looks like we are getting a shop computer soon so i hope it all still works out good. also it does look like i will still be able to ship out on Thanksgiving right now.

I know what Perry's getting for Christmas!!

Hey, Ansil, back when I was in high school (you know, when dinosaurs roamed the earth), we used to do something similar to glass and plexi mirrors using a mask on the back side ( usually sheet vinyl, or even plastic shelf paper) and the school shop's sandblaster - just a thought for when you go into production.

lol dinosaurs lk you crack me up. thats not a bad idea i currently have a home sand blaster in the works. someone told me "oh they aren't that expensive you could get one for around 400 usd"

i was like what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man oh man thats a months worth of groceries new shoes a tune up for the car the money to get my guitar fixed a cavitiy filled i could afford some socks and maybe a decent pair of pants that the crotch didn't have to be resewn every week.

400usd another guy said i could get me a laser engraver for around a 1000 usd a freakin thousand bucks man lol these people must think i make money or something lol :D

Yeah, I always tell 'em to go ahead and pick me one up, and I'll send 'em a check for it as soon as I have time... :D Actually, I was looking at those airbrush-sized abrasive blasters/erasers - there are a couple of cheap ones for under $40.00. Anyway, you can get a spot blaster gun for about $15.00 from Harbor Freight if you've got access to a compressor - like I said, just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

not a bad idea lk..

i need to get a few things for the shop right now as it is. i finnally threw the couch up on the shelf.. my bp didnt' belive i did it by my self but i did a 9ft couch 9ft in the air on the shelf.

all i can say is it wasn't very smart of me to do that. lol but i am ok.

i need to get some sort of sander the flap jack is about dead. i did all this work on the original chasis for the penguin amp and then i realized half way through the second run. it was different dimensions than i emailed perry. so i made another one. with the same dimensions that i had previously emailed him. but i still got to ge the corners welded and then it will be ready to do final assebly and we are doing live video and syncing it up with the live recording in the studio so people can see the amp and here it. for all the ney sayers out there lol..

anyway anyone willing to host the video. i can zip it an put it on a cdrom and of course there will be plain audio also.

• 1 month later...

That's a lot of hand work!

For a different effect I wonder if you could make some kind of masking template and run a SS brush with a dremel over it?

Just thinking, I'm getting some nice finishes on aluminium I'm working with, polishing and "satining" other parts like this.

thanks.. i am sure you could do a template for it. but really i did them quite quick and it wasn't hard at all but i solder all the time.. like a mad man.. ha its what i do so i guess it doesnt' phase me. :D