My Custom Guitar!

Wow.. your guitar is really familiar to me..

i like walnut.. ^^

walnut is my favorit wood.. but weight is heavy.. ^^

good.. ^^

people said i would notice a difference with the new pickups...i don't. hopefully i will do when im playing at volumes or whatever. also single coil option doesnt give that great-a change in sound, its very very subtle. reduces volume though, ha

the setups nice, bottom e buzzes a bit though

and is it walnut? the flash makes it look darker than it really is. i posted a pic ages ago up on here and someone said it was mahogany. now i have no idea what wood it is

The change in the pickups is going to be very subtle anyway. I think if you listen close enough you'll notice a certain tone difference that only Alnico 2 magnet pickups can produce. In overdrive, you'll probably hear a smoother, more articulate blend than with the old pickups, too.

It's going to depend a lot on how your old pickups were made, too. If your old ones were Alnico 5 magnets, the change won't be as dramatic as if you went from ceramic to Alnico 2. You must understand that you essentially went from one low-power pickup to another. If you'd gone from stock to say, a Super Distortion or an Evolution, you'd notice a huge difference in the volume and tone.

I prefer the Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pickups, myself. IMHO, they come the closest to the "brown" sound and I like the mid scoop. Slash has them installed on all of his Les Pauls, so we know they can deliver the goods out of a relatively low-power pickup.

BTW, the wood looks like Mahoghany. I highly doubt Epi found some walnut cheap enough to build LP-100s with. It looks from the picture that you may have installed the neck pickup backwards, though. I thought the slug side was supposed to be towards the bridge and the screw side towards the neck? :D

Yes it is upside down, 1st the zebras are always the opposite on the neck and bridge and 2nd, the screws are on top on the neck and bottom on the bridge.

Here is a link to the SH6's I had and they are positioned the same way as they go in the guitar!

And you can check this Carvin guitar to see the right positionof the Zebras!

ha

i've been confused from day one about zebras and reversed zebras, now i kinda understand this page a bit more that i found ages ago

http://www.gtrheaven.com/pickups/sd_zebra.htm

but anyway, how will it affect my guitar? i dont mind it atm, it makes my guitar even more unique (and it'll be talked about when im famous in a gearhead article :D )

so what will be different with the sound? ( i can't believe a tech got it wrong too B) )

:D

The sound if you don't adjust the screws will be the same! that's the reason why neck pickups usualy have trhe screws on the outside, the farther away from the bridge the warmer the sound, the closer the brighter! It might not be noticiable by the regular ear, but there aer players that swear by the pick up position, so I guess it'a a case of taste, if you like the way it sounds, thats all that matters.

I like it, it looks nice too nice to be a Epi 100 series, if you wouldn't had mentioned I would though a different guitar! Mine is a Epi Classic you can see it at the GOTM this month. I am switching in favor of double cut aways, so I will see what I do with the LP, may be keep it, don't know yet! But your looks nice! I'm not a natural color guy, that's why I didn't added any coments earlier!