Need Help Picking A Half-stack

Pex657

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Marshall DSL 60 watt head through a Marshall 2 x 12 cabinet live. That is the best sounding head made for any style of music.

If you are going to buy that Crate combo, forget buying pedals to go with it and buy a decent amp stand. It'll make a world of difference in tone and volume. Plus it looks a hell of alot better than sitting it in a chair when you're on stage. I have that same amp and have been more than impressed with its sound. I play everything from Mississippi juke joint blues to sludge/doom metal to country and that Crate has sounds for all. The only problem with using a combo at band practice is the speakers being so close to the floor. If you use an amp stand to lift it up off the floor and have it angled back it will put the path of sound more at ear level so you won't have to turn it up as loud saving your speaker in the end. Just my 2 cents and it probably ain't worth that...