C#,f#,b,e,g#,c# Guitar

I've got a Strat copy 25.5" scale tuned to C strung with 0.013-0.056s. Feels a bit tight on the higher (pitch) strings and a bit floppy on the lower strings, for me. To give a frame of reference, I use 0.011-0.046 in E and Eb.

About using a 27" scale, how does that affect the feel and playability of the neck? Obviously, you're going to have to stretch more, but do you notice that? Is it awkward to switch from 25.5" to 27"?

Hmm....I would not build a baritone neck. Children of Bodom play many of their songs in that tuning and they play common 25, 5" scale guitars and have an outstanding guitar sound live and epsecially on their latest CD. I myself use that tuning with 25, 5" guitars too and it works perfectly with a little thicker strings. A baritone scale surely has it's advantages in better bass response, but I preffer the standard scale, because it does not slow you down in the lowest frets and still sounds excellent with the right strings and amp settings....

actually maestro CoB have 3 songs that are in C (angels dont kill, sixpounder and knuckleduster) all the others (save for the something wild album) are in D (S.W. was in C#-1 1/2 down) baritone guitars are cool to play on but if you need to tune down to lower then C (im my humble opinion) you should be playing bass not 6 string-2 of my 5 guitars are in D and they get the job done(1s in E, 1 is in Eb and the 5th is in C#)

@goth find: Dude....before correcting me please at least read the topic of the thread. :D

The topic is called "C#,f#,b,e,g#,c# Guitar". The whole "Something Wild" Album is recorded in that tuning....Additionally several other songs are played in C tuning which is even deeper....Doesn't that make "many" COB songs like i wrote?

I was watching a little vid interview with the boys from Sevendust the other night, they use scales that are 25" (Clint, PRS) and 24-3/4" (John, LP) and tune to drop B (Drop D, down 1-1/2 steps). The thing is they use .015 sets of strings!! I ws floored! I don't think I can even buy those here at home! I've got a guitar I put together with a Strat neck and I've got 'er tuned down to drop B with .011 strings. A little slack but do-able :D

Good luck

B):D