The New V I'm Starting

PerryL

I'm gonna try Pop Rivets made of Stainless Steel, If I Can Find Them.

Sounds cool!! that might work well if you can find them in Stainless Steel.

have you done any more work to the body yet?

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the point where I need to figure If it'll be a glue in or bolt on. Until then I'm at a stand still. The warlockington, is getting her pickup route done and a full neck shim today. The neck for the V may get the scarf joint today. Dunno Yet tho.

The warlockington??:huh:I havent seen that one yet, the name sounds cool do you have any pics posted on the forum?

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Thats cool cant wait to see more progress when you have a chance.

Thanks

I ordered all the router templates from stewmac today and will be working on this asap. I'm tired of dinkin around with these small details and wanna get started on the meat and potatoes of the woodwork itself. The small details can get worked out in the final stages. The bodywork is my strong suit and I'm sticking to that for now and "may" purchase the neck for this one.

Edited by PerryL

Yum!! I cant wait for those meat and potatoes

I'm doing a flat neck for it instead of a scarf joined neck. Similar to the strat type with no headstock angle since it'll be easier and functional. I got the tools today (Whoosh) and the V and the Warloky will get minor work done tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted to progress then.

Well, I seem to have gotten sidelined again. I bought some basswood today and started a Jackson Roswell Rhodes LYKE guitar in the works, mainly the planning stage and set the V to the side for a while. I'm going to center on the neck building end of things for a while as well, since the V needs a neck as well as the RResque. When I bought the basswood, I got enough for 2 bodies and I may make one like my avatar.

Javacody, I share well with others, I'll send you a tracing of it when I get it done. I've been planning on tracing one up anyhoo. I'll PM you when I get it done and you can gimme your address and I'll send it out. Hmmm, How could you reimburse me for the shipping? Your first born? GUITAR. Not Child.

Cool a new flying-V I hope it works out any way any new progress yet? B)

Rswl_bdy.JPG this is the Jackson body NOT mine.

It'll be a reverse but......Jackson would not be proud of this one. The back body wood had some bug holes in it after I sanded the profile, I noticed them. Originally, I planed to just throw it together but now it's getting interesting.

Edited by PerryL

So how's your first V doing any new progress or has the new jackson copy

taken up all your time?

I finally started the neck for the V today. I started with a trial piece of Scrap Maple I had in the shop and it will be fine.

Trial_Neck_2.JPG

I'll be making a similar neck for the Roswell but Nothing is set in stone yet as I ordered a Jackson style neck that I may use on one of these.

Edited by PerryL

Nice Maple are you going to angle the headstock? any way it look's good hope it works out and hey if it look's good I may have too pay you to build me one hu B)