Jackson Stuff

Slick

Does anyone have any experience with Guitar Shop Supply aka TNT and their Jackson bodies and necks. I was thinking about using these for my first project. Would these items plus some effort on the neck and good electronics make a good playing guitar? I've got my 5th child coming and I really need a HH guitar but I don't need to spend too much money right now, I don't know what to expect. Would this at least be as good as a $500-$600 import guitar?

Thanks

Keith

It looks like the bodies are made out of ash, which isn't standard in jackson guitars, and from memory gives a fairly bright sound, however it isnt a horrible wood or anything like that so I would say provided the worksmanship in both the body and especially the neck is up to scratch, then with the right hardware you could certainly have a great guitar!

I say go for it, but maybe you would want to get some other opinions too :D

Good luck,

- Dan

I think it's a good buy for the price, I'm scheptical at believing that the bodies are ash tough. Just like Epi announces they are mahogany and you just get a surprise alder with mahogany veneer! But I think that for a finished body $99 is not too bad. A neck for $90 is damn good, but then again I don't know of the quality, my guess is it will be like the cheapo Jacksons or Ibanez, worst case could be like a Squier.

Goos Luck

I meant nicked=scratched not stolen but I am looking to build a working guitar, not a piece of art. I am anxious to hear what you think of the neck. I imagine it is Korean, but I am hoping that putting some effort into the frets and the finish will create a good looking guitar that will be very playable.

I didn't ask about the type of Ash. If you call them, they seem pretty sharp.

-Keith

Edited by Slick

Peery, did they told you how long it will take to get delivered? I am getting one from somebody here in the forum, I already sent the money and now I can't get in touch with him, I hope it won't turn into a scam, I heard of them on e-bay, but I have bought and traded a few stuff here and never had a problem. If I get his I will probably order one of this to make another guitar, I wish carvin will make 24 fret bolt-ons. Their neck are sweet.

I know that they were strat pocket, that's why I said that they didn't and I don't like the way that strat style 24 fret necks are, on Jackson, the heel stop at the bottom of the 23 fret, so sideways it looks like the strat 22 fet. I won't mind much doing it on a 22 but there is somenthing about the look of a 24 neck that looks meaner and fast, and for me thats the way a guitar has to look! Just look at the new guitars coming out, and at Jeremys Leviathan, they look mean and fast! That's the look I want for mines!

Maiden69, They are slow and haven't got mine yet and I ordered it The 15th.

He got back to me Finally but after 3 emails and sent me the Tracking number. OK, It shipped on the 15th and will be here by the 23rd so after that, I'll let you know what I think of it. It should be ok, I'm still pissed it's taking so long tho. $13.50 American for shipping and it takes that long to get from Oregon to Ohio. Bullisht.

Forget that, I just called. They no longer custom make necks...sorry. And they are a Strat pocket.

-Keith

Keith... Can you clarify this for me? I called a couple of days ago and inquired as to a 22 fret bolt-on neck with a 'non-stock' fretboard (material other than ebony) and big frets. They said "Sure thing." Did you mean to say that they won't make a "24 fret bolt on neck"? That seems more likely to me. Saying that they 'don't do custom necks anymore' makes it sound like they don't offer any options or anything.

MLAR, Cor

Edited by Uncle Os

Forget that, I just called. They no longer custom make necks...sorry. And they are a Strat pocket.

-Keith

Keith... Can you clarify this for me? I called a couple of days ago and inquired as to a 22 fret bolt-on neck with a 'non-stock' fretboard (material other than ebony) and big frets. They said "Sure thing." Did you mean to say that they won't make a "24 fret bolt on neck"? That seems more likely to me. Saying that they 'don't do custom necks anymore' makes it sound like they don't offer any options or anything.

MLAR, Cor

Custom neck is anything out of he ordinary. A 22 that they only have to change the frets or fret board is not a custom, Ask them for a 24 fret bolt on with the heel ending on the 23 fet and for a fender pochet and they won't do it. All they do is mostly on CNC and it takes a lot of time to readjust the CNC just to make 1 neck, NOT COST EFFECTIVE. So all they do now is different type of woods, frets and materials, also the inlays, other than that you are out of luck.

On the same not I asked warmoth to do the same neck and they said no. they do the 24 fret with the heel ending at the 21 fret looks retarded.

I just got my Jackson Style Neck From TNT Guitar parts and it's preped for a Floyd Nut and it wasn't stated in the breakdown and you couldn't tell from the picture. It's unfinished and not drilled for neck mount holes. All in All, Not a bad deal for $90. BUT I was expecting it to have a regular nut not prepped for a Floyd nut and I thought it would be finished.

I just took a look and it looks cool if it's good stuff I may have to buy one of there Dragonfire MSF-20- Jackson style- Tobacco. 199$$$ it sounds to good to be true B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D