Chrome Type Finish

Yeah, i know i already read all of those, (i always do searches first lol) but i was wondeirng where to get the chrome looking mylar. i wanna get some and screw around with it and see with i can get it too look like, not getting my hopes up to high, but i always like to expriement with new things. I just want to do the front of my guitar, and have the sides and back plain black. So does anyone know where i can get some?

Mylar is readily available on big rolls or by the meter from most hydroponic shops (try the nearest garden centre) as it's often used for indoor....errrr.....tomato (cough cough) growing. This is because it reflects something like 98% of light and 95% of heat. It's not the sticky back stuff though :D

Failing that, for all you UK folks, look up Growell hydropnics in the UK (near Birmingham) as I think they do mail order. I'm sure that there will be a few mail order hydroponics in prety much every country so give them a go.

Mylar is readily available on big rolls or by the meter from most hydroponic shops (try the nearest garden centre) as it's often used for indoor....errrr.....tomato (cough cough) growing.

HAHAHAHAHHA :D yes Tomato growing.... B)

I would expect that stuff to work tho some good glue and abit of practice.

BigT

:D

I was also thinking about building the bad horsie vai. I watched the live in london dvd and when i saw it i like crapped my pants. I want one really bad, and thats what i have planned for my next guitar (gonna start in jan). I was wondering about the mylar cause i want the chrome looking finish, i am also going to do my own led inlays, (screw sims leds, they are way to pricey, i know i can do just as good of a job and have it only cost me 30 bucks, if that). I am also going to build a flying v with leds in it, what color, i dont know yet, but what ever it is the leds will match the paint color.

well when i do my bad horsie im going to use fibre optics instead of leds, just so that i wont have to take off the fretboard when i blow an led, there will only be 1 or 2 as it is for the light source, now i want to do a chrome vine with blue leafs lit up instead of dots, lgm and others how would i go about doing that with fibre optics or am i just a headcase?

oh and btw, i just got about 20 ft of that nonadhesive backed mylar at a garden center in my town, i plan on doing some "tomato growing" :D j/k alergic to that stuff as it is!

• 7 months later...
i know of side dots being done with fibre optics, but i dont know about the inlays like i want to do, i dont want leds in there but i want those lights!

That's a tall order... I'm only aware of lit inlays being done by LEDs -or- Glow Dots. I have a link somewhere for site doing glow dots if that'd help.