Slayer!

MzI

heres a short review of the show, first off

I was in the front row the whole night for all 4 bands which was amazing besides the constant cramping of space as it was a very small club.

Another bonus of being up front where I was, Kerry, Tom, and Jeff were all of 2 feet away from me and I got to headbang with all of em it was beyond amazing.

Sound was uhh loud, all I could really hear was Kerry's 12 4x12 cabinets cuz they were so loud, every once in a while I could hear some vocals but not much.

Some songs that stood out: (mainly ones i remember hearing)

Disciple

Hell Awaits

Dead Skin Mask

War Ensamble

Postmortem

Mandatory Suicide

South of Heaven

Angel of Death

Raining Blood

I cant remeber the rest and cant seem to find a setlist anywhere online. They played for atleast 2 hours id say.

It was defintely worth skipping class to go see

MzI

Edited by MzI

oh my are my ears ringing

And this is why i wear earplugs. I hope you did, too. But if your ears are ringing, i'm guessing not.

I don't want to turn this into a preachy thread, but guys, PLEASE look after your hearing. If your ears are ringing, it means you've probably sustained hearing damage. And hearing damage is permanent and irreversible. Once it's gone, it's gone. If you want to keep enjoying music well into your later years, please protect your hearing when you're younger!

Glad you enjoyed the show, though! I don't go to a lot of live shows any more (don't like crowds to much after nearly getting trampled twice at a Primus show), but i used to really love seeing bands play live.

nah i didnt wear ear plugs i believe i will next time when i get that close, but then again when i went to the metallica show last month i was up front row also and it was not loud at all and there was no ringing afterwards, guess its just the way they set the cabs up and what not, ne ways the ringing is just about gone now and i can hear just fine.

As for Drak, muahaha you are actually wrong, the album itself is "Reign In Blood," but the song is Raining Blood, sorry to rain down on your party.

MzI

Hey, I'm 43 now for chrissakes.

You expect me to actually remember the Metal Years in detail?

well i can help you out with 80s metal(trash...not hair bands)

but modern metal is not my game.i can't even tell you the names of the songs on the new slayer album,though i listen to it at least once a week

oh my are my ears ringing

And this is why i wear earplugs. I hope you did, too. But if your ears are ringing, i'm guessing not.

I don't want to turn this into a preachy thread, but guys, PLEASE look after your hearing. If your ears are ringing, it means you've probably sustained hearing damage. And hearing damage is permanent and irreversible. Once it's gone, it's gone. If you want to keep enjoying music well into your later years, please protect your hearing when you're younger!

Glad you enjoyed the show, though! I don't go to a lot of live shows any more (don't like crowds to much after nearly getting trampled twice at a Primus show), but i used to really love seeing bands play live.

WOT ??? EAR PLUGS??? soz but thats just not what its about ... its not a good gig if your ears arent ringing .... went to see motorhead (supported by Sepultura) on sunday and my ears were till ringing on monday nite ... now thats loud !!!

Darren is 100% correct. And it's no myth....if you look closely you can see alot of people under 30 years on the street that already have to wear hearing earplugs.

I usually don't wear earplugs on concerts and during rehearsals, because i can't find plugs that actually sound acceptable to me. I only use them if the volume is really brutal. But I would always wear plugs if I can find good sounding ones.