Misfits Guitar

demon

does anyone know what the guitar that the guy from misfits uses. it kinda looks like a neal moser design. Its the one that is in the scream video. Also does anyone know if it would be possible to get templates for makin one? B):D

EDIT: I think its a Rand Annihilator, but i cant find anything when i search for it.

Edited by demon

an-dvmattt234.jpg

I think you mean Doyles Annihilator well Gothic customs made prototypes for Jerry and doyle but they where never up to there standards so they never got approval. try www.monsonguitars.com his work is heavly based on the misfits guitars also try geting hold of deadmike and goth-fiend there both working on Annihilator copys right now and check out there post's in the in progress and finished work that may help a bit. Good Luck

!!METAL MATT!! :D

aye aye!

did someone say misfits???

ah yes, the Annihilator, hand built by doyle himself. rosewood body wings with a through neck made from graphite containing 1 distortion module, 1 sustain module and custom made dean markley pickups.

jerrys devestator is made of almost exactly the same materials.

you will NEVER see these guitars in the shops. and if you do the person selling it is either a con artist or a dodgy dealer. nobody has yet managed to make these guitars at level that is both worthy of the misfits name and with an affordable price. hence why a licence has NEVER been given to anyone to legally sell these, hence why im making my own.... but dont tell the misfits, it'll be our little secret.

shops such as october guitars and gothic customs have both advertised these guitars when they did not have permission to sell them, gothic customs doesnt appear to be around anymore but october guitars STILL have their inferior prototypes on their website.

they are truly awesome specimens and have inspired many people to build axes that are a little futher away from traditional.

just wait until jerry retires, he claims when hes done with the misfits he'll make guitars full time, then it'll be Annihilation for everyone!

i tell you what would be easier than making your own annihilator.

make a guitar like doyles old iceman. simply take a good shaped guitar, router the hell out of the surface until you get some amazing curves like above.

doyles old iceman guitar looked incredible and didnt comprimise the integrity of the axe because the depth of the routing was very thin and flat.

i was thinking about doing something similar with a guitar in my next project, but i havent seen one cheap enough on ebay, if i get one cheap, then it'll be very little loss if it goes wrong.

cheers guys. That pic that metal matt has posted of the annihilator is perfect to get reasonably accurate drawings from. They wont be exact or probably dimensionally correct. No chance i'll be able to afford a graphite neck, but i'll :D just make a wood neck. Not sure what i'll do for pickups, hmmm, i'm thinking out loud here, but what about 7 strings and a dimarzio evolution7, or maybe EMG active pups........

i'm thinking out loud here, but what about 7 strings and a dimarzio evolution7, or maybe EMG active pups........

Well Iam building a 7-string Annihilator my self and Iam using a EMG 81 7-string active pickup Iam working on the design right now and I think it look's best on the guitar but then I love 7-string guitars so I say go with the 7-string :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

EDIT:>

Does anyone have a good straight on picture of the real thing or a copy?

the best one that shows the whole guitar is at www.octoberguitars.com

it's not the best but theres not a lot to go on out there sorry !!

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

the best picture i had was of doyles actual guitar, the picture was a tad fuzzy but it had a clear white background. the guitar was slanted in the picture so i printed it out as big as i could and cut it out, then pasted it square onto a new piece of paper. the picture seems to have been taken completely verticle to the guitar so its at the best angle to copy the shape.

made it really easy to scale up from there. i can send you the picture i used if you want.

oh dear oh dear oh dear. i think jones are in trouble. as ive said before, a licence has never been given to sell misfits replicas and jerry and doyle only use there own, so how can Jones be advertising the fact that they supply bodies?

its most likely that they have joined the ranks of gothic customs and october guitars that were challenged to produce the guitars, but now claim to actually sell them. a ploy to get interest to their businesses.

im completely horrified by the gothic customs site. not only did they screw the misfits over with their dodgy dealing, they completely ripped off their designs and made some truly crap looking guitars.

i suppose i cant really talk... im ripping off too, but at least my heart is in the right place, my copy is in tribute, not a relentless pursuit of cash.

Wow that's deadly ACSpike i've been looking all over the place for some of those guitars Thanks!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

devastator1123.jpg

Try this one!!it may work for you.

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I saw that one. I think it will have to do. I got another good pic from deadmike to work with also. Thanks.

confusing buttons... I've been thinking of replacing the body selector buttons with pictures. I just need to find some motivation to program that, like a few people saying "Hey, I'd could really use that if it didn't suck." The other confusing buttons do a bunch of confusing things. They'll probably have to stay confusing unless I get really motivated an a whole lot smarter.

spike, your pdf files are really good, but one major thing which would help me out and im sure a million other people trying to build an annihilator, would be to draw the beginning of the routered edge inside your body outline. (if you get me?)

would make hand chiseling the edges alot easier if there was a second template to work from.

im sure if i spent long enough i could do it but, i doubt it would be as acurate or as sharp as your drawing.