Ecc Guitars? What's This?

I saw this under AlgeeEaters tagger today, and am wondering what it stands for.

I HOPE he is not following in the footsteps of the myriads of other wannabes on different guitar maker forums who feel some strange need to put a tag like that below their names when it's not remotely applicable to their talents, I shall name no names in particular.

If you're gonna post something like that here, the shoe had better fit the foot.

Cuz if it's what I think it is, that's like giving a double dose of the middle finger to everyone who DOES deserve that kind of tagger, like Jeremy and Perry and David Myka and everyone else who has earned the right to bear a tagger like that and can back it up.

If I'm wrong and it's something totally different, than please correct me for being presumptious, but if it's what I think it is......we don't play that stuff 'round here.

:DB):D

B):D

Don't worry about it. Its not real *at all*.

Its a joke between and my friend Jimmy...He says he wants to build a custom guitar over the summer and i said i was gunna do one also. So we figured we would make a dumba@@ "company"

Its not real at all, even tho he is using my garage for it.

And it stands for East Coast Custom Guitars :D

But seriously, there is no truth to it...

Later,

Chris

If there's no truth to it, then please get rid of it, or you're the one who will look like a dumb*ss. :D

And a big dumb*ss at that. :DB)

You are disrespecting everyone who actually does have the right to bear that kind of title, it's not considered very 'funny' around here. Just keep it between you and your bud if that's all it is.

If you need a logo or something to identify your projects, a safer way to go is just use your last name or initials. Making up a company name does insult those who are doing it for real.

It seems to be a common theme though when people get into this stuff. There will be a handful of people who really do take it somewhere and earn a living building instruments but it's just not right to assume that status right out of the starting gate. Even though it's meant to be a joke, nobody else will know and that's where the trouble comes in.

If you need a logo or something to identify your projects, a safer way to go is just use your last name or initials. Making up a company name does insult those who are doing it for real.

It seems to be a common theme though when people get into this stuff. There will be a handful of people who really do take it somewhere and earn a living building instruments but it's just not right to assume that status right out of the starting gate. Even though it's meant to be a joke, nobody else will know and that's where the trouble comes in.

True, but im kind of serious about guitar building, but who knows?

Cool and thank you.

I couldn't and wouldn't ask you to remove it until I knew what it was about, Kapishness?

You handled that one quite well!

:DB):D

Cool, thanks for acually advising me before it turned into something bigger. I guess i can handle things without being a troll from now on eh?

:D

P.S. i like my new sig now :D

lol later,

Chris