Peavey Classic 30

feylya

A Classic 30 and your favorite distortion box makes a great club gig rig. 3 12AX7s and a quad of EL84s, it's got a nice not-too-clean and a fairly convincing crunch, it plays well with pedals on borh channels, and sounds great through a 4-12 for larger venues. It's the only Peavey amp I can recommend, at least until I get a chance to play with the XXX and the Satriani model (sorry, Peavey lovers, I'm not a 5150 fan, and I don't like any of the solid state stuff - no offense intended, just the way I feel).

List price on that amp stateside is $599 (€445?), street price around $425-450 - used, they sell for around $300-350 in good to excellent condition. I'm sure you're paying a premium since it's an American amp, but that still looks a little dear to me.

No comment on the AVT150 - I'm probably already in enough trouble! :D

I always wonder if these 30 watt all tube amps are loud enough to play with a band...they say it sounds louder but will it cut trough?and can you gig with it?

I onced played the avt 150 combo and my first impression was: It's really loud and could probably handle anything from ac/dc to metallica and further... espescially because it has 2 OD channels.