Dv's Guitar II

good...

your brige setup method is good.. ^^

how do you work .. pickup selecter line cut.. it really clean work..

i'm free drill .. and use jigsaw.. so.. it is not clean.. T_T

but your working really good..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AlGee, gotcha now, it does reach, close but it does.And this is not the neck intended for it, I will make a hetfield/lawrence as soon as I get the taxes, but a 4x2.

1nf1d3l, Thanks

hyunsu, I use the same method you did, drill the 2 holes on the end, and then carefully drill along the line, thne use jigsaw to cut, but I use jewel file to clean up the slot.

Matt, dude, thanks again, I really don't know, but like you say this is a nice shape and I got to make something that will look great on it. I'm still playing with the green or red color, but I'm not sure. BTW, I love you new avater!

Slabbefusk, that's what I used. If you read the first posts, I got the F series and the Viper (but the way that Perry did it, GOTM this month) and fuse them together. The waist down os a F and the waist up a viper. I had to do the Viper like Perry did, because the waist on the F is so smaller than the viper that I couldn't make them match.

AlGee, gotcha now, it does reach, close but it does.And this is not the neck intended for it,  I will make a hetfield/lawrence as soon as I get the taxes, but a 4x2.

1nf1d3l, Thanks

hyunsu, I use the same method you did, drill  the 2 holes on the end, and then carefully drill along the line, thne use jigsaw to cut, but I use jewel file to clean up the slot.

Matt, dude, thanks again, I really don't know, but like you say this is a nice shape and I got to make something that will look great on it.  I'm still playing with the green or red color, but I'm not sure.  BTW, I love you new avater!

Slabbefusk, that's what I used.  If you read the first posts, I got the F series and the Viper (but the way that Perry did it, GOTM this month) and fuse them together. The waist down os a F and the waist up a viper. I had to do the Viper like Perry did, because the waist on the F is so smaller than the viper that I couldn't make them match.

4x2 sounds pretty nice. Keep the good work a commin' :D

Edited by AlGeeEater

got some more work this few days, white base coat with createx green pear color over the top, and sides, then a mix of green teal translucent with 2 drops of blue and white pearl over the carved sides black grain filled ash. You can't see it in this pics but the teal is a bit darker making the impression of a burst and when the light hits is right you can see the pearl over it. I love this paints, they are my best new friends until I can shoot 2 part poly. I just got to find a nice airbrush that I can adjust the preasure more evenly aso that they wont spit as much, ...there is some spits on this but Iwill take it as is. I will not do the next one until I can spray it better.

DSC01766.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC01769.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC01768.jpg

And I will have t o add that the black filled mahogany looks awsome, too bad the piece that I got had that ugly know on the side, but it turn out great. More of this to come, it is so easy to fill the grain it the mahogany than the Ash. I like the tone that ash gives the guitar but I think that it will become a back only wood and a solid color one too.

GOD man :D $hit that thing is wicked I told you green was the best color this is a great design I would buy one from you any day realy I would keep that design I realy think it could go somewhere!! :D I NEED A BIB :D

I WANT ONE B) how much,how much

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Thanks Matt, I think it turn out better than I expected, I think that the 7string that I will be starting on Feb will be this shape too. But the materials are still in the air, I got no idea of what or how, just that it will be a neck thru with a carving neck, mahogany back, and a TOM.

I ain't that good to sell st. Maybe a few yrs down the road.

I'm still debating the idea of adding some tribal grafix to the top in white pearl but irealy don't know since it's been ages since I draw and nothing comes out that flows with the guitar shape. I was thinking like the KK Warlock, but it doesn't look right.

OOOAH a few year's down the road :D

Well building me one would give you some Practice!! :D and I would supply the parts :D come on ya know you wana :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Man I realy like this thing it's one of the strongest designs I have seen yet

and I realy like the 7-string idea, maybe I'll have mine be a 7-string Hay that would be cool right HAHA :D

Great design :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Man I realy like this thing it's one of the strongest designs I have seen yet

I think it's the ESP influence in them, Those guitars are fine on their own, and I was sure that merging them could only make it better. I guess that I was kinda right. On that razor of yours I llike the upper horn, shoulda have one in the bottom too. But it looks nice.

Thank's man I hope it work's out and I've got a neck being built for it, well most of the hard work is being done but iam doing the shapeing and the headstock design and cut out.

I just gota say one thing when it's done GOTM man realy!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

i must say...wow...

i read through the topic, and that first pic i saw i thought the same thing as matt, how much...

very good looking, keeping the grain in back was a kill decision, made the thing just pop and have such a sweet look to it. very well done. i will buy it if you give me a price.

thanks,

Got the TOM on and the top "ferrules" on too. Here is the stuff that I used, a steel rivet, 1/8" medium. clears up to a 52 string easily. Just got to smooth the eyelet (round it over) and polish them,

DSC01774.jpg

A pic of the body with a blue pearl pinstripe on the edge And one of the neck with the front painted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC01773.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Maiden69/DSC01772.jpg

WOW!!! :D that is nice and the neck came out sweeeeet!! :D so when do to think that you will get it done I cant wait to see

This guitar should come with a waring, some thing like

"WARING" this guitar will cause wide spread jaw droping

:D I REALY WANT ONE MAN :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Mahelcaya, I used a bit like this. I drilled the place of the pot with a 3/8 bit, then I used a drill press on high speed with the router bit, and a 3/8 bearing on the tip, then using the hole as a guide, I recessed the hole for the knobs. Then just use a 1 1/4 forstener bit on the back to set the depth of the pot.

got the guitar polished today and put together. Is not set up because the neck is not the one that goes with it, and I want to polish it better, and I don't have a polish pad like the one Stew sell and will order one mid month.

But this is how it will look once done with the exeption that the fretboard will be an ebony with 22 frets.

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01782.jpg