Shipping Ups, Chicago Fire

Look at this...

pasted below...

you are going to need reciepts and tracking numbers, extra alarm fire is not good. I drive by that facility all the time and its huge, its one of thier INTERNATIONAL hubs.

I have about 600 bucks in wood coming to me so I sure hope its ok... knowing my luck with shipping, that was the most expensive fire wood

:DB):D

Edited by bigdguitars

f'n stupid passwords sorry bout that....

Fire breaks out at UPS hub

An extra-alarm fire broke out early today at the largest United Parcel Service Inc. hub in the nation -- less than two weeks before Christmas.

The fire, at the facility in southwest suburban Hodgkins, forced evacuation of more than 1,000 workers and damaged an undetermined number of packages.

The fire started around 12:15 a.m. in an area where packages are loaded onto trailers. It spread to five or six trailers before it was struck around 3:15 a.m., officials said.

The 1.5-million-square-foot, 24-hour facility had to be evacuated during the shipper's busiest time of the year, but the fire never spread into the building where packages were being loaded and unloaded, said UPS spokeswoman Christine McManus.

"There was a little bit of smoke damage inside the building, but no one was harmed," she said. "The fire department was incredibly responsive."

Firefighters from 16 suburbs kept the fire from spreading to other areas of the hub, and employees were able to return to work soon after the fire was struck, McManus said.

However, an unknown number of packages inside the trailers were damaged. "We will do everything possible to find out which packages were there and notify our customers," she said.

Investigators were trying to determine the fire's cause

Police are currently searching for self-procliamed luthier and suspected terrorist "Big D" (aka: Hamar alQitar) in connection with a recent shipment of wood that ignited several trailers at a UPS shipping hub. Sources say that the bookmatch faces were so "hot" that some considered them to be "explosive in the hands of the right shredder."