Some Projects Finished This Week

mpeg2

The bocote is a 7/8" thick piece glued on top of an equal thickness of mahogany. Each layer is actually 2 pieces edge glued (really hard to find these things wide enough for a body). I've found that 4 piece bodies aren't detrimental at all.

There's a wood place near Princeton NJ (where I live) called Willard Brothers, with lots of exotic species. I just wander around in there until a piece catches my eye & then plan a guitar around it. I've found that its a little dangerous to visit them, the end result is usually another guitar.

Rich

the heck with the bocote I want that amp :DB):D How did you make it? Do you have a schematic? mabye a parts layout also?(like this one where it shows you where to put all the wires) How much would it cost for all parts(minus the speaker and cabinit)

I'm in the market for building a tube amp. Right now i'm looking at this one tube amp kit. The price looks prety nice. (not to mention the good features, volume, gain, mid, bass, treble, master, gain switch, gain filter, fat switch)

Edited by Godin SD

The amp was the 1st real tube amp I'd built (if you don't count the one that runs on 12V). Even though there are schematics floating around on the web & even layouts, if you look hard enough - I decided to go with a kit to learn some of the basics for tube amps. I chose TubeGarden based on what I'd seen discussed about the quality of his kits & support. His pricing is pretty good (in line with the quality of the kit) and the support is very good.

I'm not sure if he ships to Europe (a guess based on the link you posted) - but check out his website & drop an email to ask.

Rich

are those PRS pups in that first guitar? If not, what make are they? and regardless, about what's the list price and where'd ya get 'em? I just love the look of them and, if they are PRS or SD, I'm sure they have a divine sound! Could I get a clip if you have one?

(maybe even play it through that nice amp - or have your son play - or anything to get a sound?)

Edited by skye