Buying Strat Replacement Necks

I was wondering how people have found the quality of warmoth's and stew mac (and anyother company like that, and if you know others could you please tell me of them)'s strat replacement necks. I am thinking maybe I could get one for very cheap on ebay but that is usually a gamble (and as I've learned the odds are against me).

So if you could tell me experiences with strat replacement necks or any cheap way to obtain one that would be absolutly sweet.

:D

Ya know, Ya get what ya pay for and Many of us on the forum have bought Carvin Necks and their Fantastic. The headstock isn't exactly like Strat necks though. They sell for 140. If you wanna get a strat copy neck this may be to your liking.

Guitar shop Supply Dot Net They're Basically Mighty Mite Necks and not bad quality for the 80 Bucks they want for one.Carvin Neck

Edited by PerryL

I was wondering how people have found the quality of warmoth's and stew mac (and anyother company like that, and if you know others could you please tell me of them)'s strat replacement necks. I am thinking maybe I could get one for very cheap on ebay but that is usually a gamble (and as I've learned the odds are against me).

So if you could tell me experiences with strat replacement necks or any cheap way to obtain one that would be absolutly sweet.

You can also think about picking up an Asian clone --the full guitar for less...I have two tele clones here, the necks are great --all you have to do is clean up the frets a bit.

Then you can sell off the rest of the parts, you'll end up getting most of your money back.

Ya know, Ya get what ya pay for and Many of us on the forum have bought Carvin Necks and their Fantastic. The headstock isn't exactly like Strat necks though. They sell for 140. If you wanna get a strat copy neck this may be to your liking.

Guitar shop Supply Dot Net They're Basically Mighty Mite Necks and not bad quality for the 80 Bucks they want for one.Carvin Neck

I will second this. I haven't ordered from Warmoth yet and after the "nice" review that it's customer service has, I realy don't think I will. Abd for a beter strat replacement neck I think the carvin is much better, price wise and quality wise, not to mention the piece of mind that those graphite re-inforcement bars add. and if you want an exact Strat looking one, you can order the blanck head one and shape it your self.

And the Gonline ones for $89 a 24 fret jackson type, sounds very sweet. PerryL got one and he posted that it was nnice, I got to have one in my hands to let you know, hope this will help you!

PS I think tht Warmoth are excellent necks, I heard some bad review from the bodies, but not from the necks, other than somebody here said that he had to re-crown a few of them. But I'm not willing to pay all the money they ask for some of those necks. I rather get the Carvin or the Carvin Neck thru if I wan't a 24 fret one.

My 5 Warmoth necks are on Yamaha Pacifica guitars, so my experience may not be what you'd get buying from them directly. However, it does jive with what a few people have said about them, so...

If you get a Warmoth (they ARE nice feeling necks, with lots of options), count on a fret level & crown, and a little glue job to keep the frets seated. Mine have frets that came up, and the final fret finishing was poor or just not done. Maybe you'll get lucky and not need this, but IME you likely will.

I LOVE the Carvin stuff. It is REALLY good value for money. But the options are minimal, and there's only one profile. So unless you want to mod it yourself or like the neck as it already is, the choices are few.

I can't believe no one mentioned the top neck maker in the US. That would be USA Custom Guitars of course. Tommy is a great guy who makes great stuff. He even sells neck through necks.

I've purchased two necks and two bodies from Tommy. Each time the customer service was excellent, the products were top notch, and the body/neck joint is very, very tight.

Thanks alot for the help!

And after further investigation I think I'll get someother parts from this Guitar Shop Supply store(I just want to make my old strat playable again).

Edited by eclipse666