Last Finished Project

Thanks for the nice comments .

Lee - that neck did not move at all , i set a heavy gauge of strings ( 0.50 -0.11 ), about 10 days ago, laminate is very steady. Same as in my 4 string

bass on the site, it's the siamese twin neck, and worked really well for both!

Douglas finishes very smooth, all the guitar is finished in oil and wax

kiko - I love both pickups , with clean and coil splitting ( 5 way switch ), the tone zone at bridge is to bright for clean sound playing ( for my taste), with distortion they all rock !

But it's my first TZ experience, and I sounds cool on mohogany :D

The guitar body and neck are both finished with oil and wax

I really don't know what the kind of oil would be called in US .....here in Italy it's called olio PAGLIERINO ( it's quite a thick oil, I used the red colored one, I have even a yellow oil bottle that I use for wenge or other woods I don't want to darken too much ).

I applyed 5 coats of oil (2 a day), It takes a wile to absord , motly the last few coats.

After that I rubber about 3 to 4 coats of furniture wax.

The result is really cool, I love the smooth feel of it, I used to use shellac on the other projects, but I think I will go on with this method on future projects, even if it needs extra attention for scratches.

I really love the wax scent even :D

Thanks for appriciating my work

32251 - the neck was an extra from the blank used on the bass I made last year, I did not want to waste the wood, so I gave it a try, the neck is very stiff, and I find that fir finishes really nice