Queenie And 2 Jacks

Drak

(in my best Scarface voice)

Meeet my leedle friend!

Wes told me what attachment I needed for my grinder, which is a rubber-backed (or plastic-backed?) sanding pad which you apply sanding discs to, but Home Depot no have, so I looked around and found these 3 discs that I think will do the trick for carving out some hunka hunka carvetop wood.

2 are the same thing, one is 4", the other is 4 1/2", and then there that sanding flapper disc-ee thing.

I gave the disc on the grinder a quick tryout on my workbench, it ate right thru it reeeal quick, so I think we're in carvetop business here at the Castle De La Drak.

We're gonna carve some Buckeye tonight Thelma!

Grinder.jpg

That piece of buckeye with the big section cut out of the back side reminds me a lot of those scorpion guitars and basses. If I were you (which I only wish was the case, at least in terms of sheer talent! :D ) I'd consider using that wood for something to that effect.

With, of course, your Drak touch on it. A ScorpioTeleGarciacaster perhaps? B)

Ya know it's just me but I hate that scorpion thing it look's way to try hardish to me but that's just me but B) I do think it would be cool to try that kind of a curve

with that wild wood Iam not sure if you could do with that hollow body design you have but It would be a real one of a kind if you could pull it off and if any one could it's you man!!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

1st thing on my mind when I saw those scorpions was a gothic design for the soft in heart

BTW, I ain't no fan of buckeye, I think they are ugly, but that one with the cut out in the bottom look pretty darn nice for a b'eye. Nice work Drak, let me know how the discs work on carving, I got the same ones, but have never tried them for wood

Now that's a MAN tool! B)

I think these will work just fine once I get the hang of it.

And maybe used in conjunction with the router-step idea.

I'm just plowing the road right now, figuring it out as I go.

If I took my own advice, I'd make a mockup top and try on that first. We shall see. I do have a big piece of Poplar here I could use for that.

And ski, I'm not that talented, anyone who spent 10 years at this would probably be way ahead of me. I just do it to have a good time. :D