Hi,

FOund this site earlier on today and have spent the last few hours reading all the excellent articles....wow, there is some brilliant info here.

Anyway...little about me....I have built several guitars many years ago...the I got married...job, kids...etc, all takes it's toll. Anyway this year, I'vve decided to back to making myself a guitar and bass this year...as I've recently cleard MY shed (yes..my place, no kids or wife..yippee)...so have space to do it..

I wish something like this existed way back when I was building...was all trial and error then - the last guitar I made was 1989...alll strat based and all with tiger maple pickgaurds...but alas I have no photos any more...sold all my guitars years back..

Anyway..that'sme...pleased to get back to the swing of the things...there are many tips and tutorials on here...great reading...

I'll post my projects as I go along...

Cheers,

Ian

Hey, thanks for the welcome...

This site is brilliant...you have everything on here...what you don't have has probably not been invented yet..

I'm pretty interested in the supplier sections...I'll post a little more about my projects in other posts...I wish I could find some pics of my last few projects in the 80's then I could talk a little more about them...

Anyway...I'm from Washington, UK...which is right next to Newcastle upon Tyne..land of Newcastle Brown Ale...

Cheers,

Ian

When I was originally building I used to get my wood from North Yorkshire..place called John Body's...they had some real nice woods..

For hardware and other bits (they sourced the single piece tiger for me to make pickgaurds)..I used to use mail order from Touchstone Tonewoods..

Though I have a lot to pick-up on the suppliers now....and the price of wood (comparing from what I used to buy) has shot up in price..

Cheers,

Ian

Well tonight I had some fantastic news that I wasn't expecting...

Mynewest brother in law has been over...he's an artist and has a rather large country place with outbuildings..some of which are studios...he's offered me one of the outbuildings as aplace to work..for free...! Wow!

I work in IT and I have to admit I am getting fed up sitting behind a desk...I want to get back to working with my hands again....and this is great news.

I plan to make a cottage industry out of building my own creations....and hopefully turn to that full time...so I am well chuffed.

The place is available for me now...so my plans will be getting started quicker than I thought...

...and here's me thinking I was going to be working in my 6x4 shed to uild my first two projects...

Thanks guys...and nice to see some Brits too.

@Genbloke..I'm just about to make another post in the appropriate forum about the first two projects I'm building...

First though, I have some schematics to finish for member donbenjy - I'm just way up to my eyes in work right now...gotta find some time...