Whats The Best Place To Get The Most Amazing

The wood I just got from Durawood was really really sweet wood for a really good price. BigD found him on the 'bay.

I'm loving the pieces I got from him, and I don't give recommends like that out too often.

You should consider him.

Perfect wood like you're describing would probably be far past your budget anyway.

Check Durawood, really good stuff, really good prices.

PS, how many guitars have you finished anyway?

Grizzly Industrial is getting into guitar supplies in a fairly big way, and they are selling tonewoods. They sell 7.5x2x20 inch billets of curly and quilted maple in all grades, including "Billets of the Gods" exhibition grade quilted at $350 per piece! 4A and 5A quilted billets are $169 and $275, respectively. In the catalog they look pretty sweet...

Chandler

If you have a PROFESSIONAL, well-adjusted resaw machine, there's hardly any waste at all. The blade is only about 1/32" to 1/16" thick, and a really well-tuned machine, and a perfectly planed flat piece of wood, heck, you can resaw that baby up into lots and lots of pieces.

It's the lower-quality machines and machines that can't be adjusted well that will have a lot of blade waunder and eat up your thickness and you don't get as much back because you then have to thickness-sand the pieces flat.

A really great resaw machine will cut them -perfectly- right out of the gate.

-Those- are the guys you want to get to know unless you got the money to buy one for yourself. :D

If you have a PROFESSIONAL, well-adjusted resaw machine, there's hardly any waste at all. The blade is only about 1/32" to 1/16" thick, and a really well-tuned machine, and a perfectly planed flat piece of wood, heck, you can resaw that baby up into lots and lots of pieces.

It's the lower-quality machines and machines that can't be adjusted well that will have a lot of blade waunder and eat up your thickness and you don't get as much back because you then have to thickness-sand the pieces flat.

A really great resaw machine will cut them -perfectly- right out of the gate.

-Those- are the guys you want to get to know unless you got the money to buy one for yourself.  :D

Drak - one more question. I have a 14 inch Delta bandsaw. Would that be suitable for resawing or should I look for someone who knows what they are doing?