My Goldie Bullseye Project...

Cool it looks good what are you useing for pickup's, are they the same as Zakk's

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Sorry, we're going to have to penalize you for making a guitar that looks better than the original. -12 points.

B)

Seriously, though, that's a good looking finish job on there from the pix you've given us. I've been thinking about getting a LP Studio with the gold top and doing the exact same paint pattern, but I've been sort of hesitant because it's a limited production. You did a damn good job with yours, though.

BLS Forever :D

looks good to me, but we need better pics! lol

-Jamie

Workin' on it... :D

Looks RIGHTEOUS! :D

I am working on a project where the graphics will require similar masking to what you did. What material (tape? adhesive vinyl?) did you use to do the actual masking? May I aPM you a bunch of questions over the next few days?

Keep up the GREAT work!

I used 3M blue painter's tape. It cuts well, leaves a clean release, and comes in some decent widths.

Cool it looks good what are you useing for pickup's, are they the same as Zakk's

!!METAL MATT!! B)

The EMG Zakk Wylde set. Great pickups.

Looks preety darn decent for a rushed job. Only thing I would have done different is the choice of paint. I would have used ReRanch Gold top just to get the nice shimmer that the real gold top gets, kida like orange-greenish when the lights hits it in the right spots. And to see that you did it the hard way makes it better. I would have gotten one of those vynil sets and uesd the transfer tape instead of tracing my own lines.

Great Job.

Looks preety darn decent for a rushed job.  Only thing I would have done different is the choice of paint.  I would have used ReRanch Gold top just to get the nice shimmer that the real gold top gets, kida like orange-greenish when the lights hits it in the right spots.  And to see that you did it the hard way makes it better.  I would have gotten one of those vynil sets and uesd the transfer tape instead of tracing my own lines. 

Great Job.

Thanks man. I honestly had no end to difficulty finding a Gold that was even close. I think eventually I may re-do the guitar when I have a few weeks to do it. Thanks for the tip on ReRanch. I'll check 'em out.