Check Out My Axe ;)

Hello

I just wanted to know what do you think of my guitar. I made it all by myself using african woods and schaller hardware wich I modifyed for "headless" construction. The single knob is also a push/push switch enabling either the single or the humbucker.

0012.gif0013.gif0014.gif0018.gif0088.gif

the axe really rocks and stays in tune for weeks!!

I am not usually one of thise guys to just jump in and say wow, great job, but in this case, I don't know what else to say. I am speechless.

George

Thanks guys

I wasn't expecting so much comments. Thats very nice of You. The guitar You saw is actually a prototype mainly home made, now I've got a small workshop. I've been working for a luthier for 3 years and I decided to start m own brand - and then built this guitar with a budget close to 0. And no the center isn't ebony - it's painted due to my change of mind - the neck pickup was at first supposed to be a humbucker, so the cavity had to be hidden to fit a single.Anyway I've got more coming up :

this is a picture of another one of this kind during building

0002.gif

and this is a drawing of the body inlays I'm making right now with 4 kinds of wood and two kinds of abalone- I want it to be my flagship, I hope :D

gitaraX.gif

Once again thanks for your comments and by the way: I live in Poland (sorry for bad english) - thats why I had to make my own headless system - otherwise I would probably buy a Steinberger, I even tryed to have the company send one to me, but they don't seem to cooperate, sooo : Nessesity is the mother of broken patent laws as they say B)

It's a schaller roller bridge actually, like this one

1266_1lg.jpg

but originally it had threaded axles to change string spacing - I replaced them with real rollers wich stay in their place.

On the headstock we've got a standard floyd rose locking nut ( because it's almost impossible to get double ball end strings in Poland) and the tuners, well I must find a picture of them or make one - they're very,very simple :D

the string actually goes thru the tuner - thats the only difference from steinberger

No I'm not Dutch just happen to speak a little ( of everything :D)

OK I'll make a photo of the tuners, just have to wait for a string change - then you can se what they're all about.

By the way, I know it's off topic but I just finished building an electric violin with a strange headstock.Let me know if anyone wants to see them.

cheers

Ok

Here You go, it's got guitar tuners - they work so good that no fine tuning was nessesary(lower string tension than guitar). The body is made from Badi, fingerboard - ebony of course, and the neck is from flamed maple. It's got active electronics and I can make the most terrible noises with it,because I really can't play it.

DSCN0203.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

very interesting concept.a bit ugly though i think.(the tuners i mean)

if i were you...i would look at hydraulic hose fittings,brass fittings for propane lines...stuff like that.

i think with a little research you could find some very nicely machined fittings which would do the same thing,but look better doing it.