Wood I Might Be Buying

Well, I guess my opinion is better than none. That wood doesn't do anything for me. I don't see any character in it that makes me want to build a guitar. The two pieces don't really go together all that well. But, I am VERY old-school in things like this. If you see a guitar in it, the part you are considering blemished is small and could be cut out or "built-around" one way or another. Is this local wood? The number tag makes me think it is internet wood. Carry on!

If that blem is in the wood, just cut or joint it off. You don't even need to keep it in the joint at all. Move it to the outside and it'll get cut off at the band saw when you rough cut the shape. If the pieces are 21 x 8, you'll have a 16" width. Way more than you need. You're rough block only needs to be 13" more often than not.

If thats the ebay seller im thinking of be carefula as they tell you that its only been air dried for like 6 months which is not long enough for a piece that thick. I think the accepted ratio for air dried wood is 1 year per inch. If this is the case pass on this one.