Headless Guitar Question?

I was thinkking about buying that Hohner headless guitar thats like $350 because I think it would be cool to add to my guitar collection. And then my friend said you need special strings for them and I was wondering if that was true.

i think he may be confused with the new Speedlaoder system.....that is a lil diffren then the headless system tho....the speedlaoder relies only on fine tuners hence why you need special strings...the system used on hohners i belive uses normal strings and the tuners are just on the bottom of the gutiar

I was thinkking about buying that Hohner headless guitar thats like $350 because I think it would be cool to add to my guitar collection. And then my friend said you need special strings for them and I was wondering if that was true.

If it's like this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home...ase_pid/512513/

The Steinberger trem takes double ball end strings.

damn... I just typed a ton of info for you- but the post didnt take... (shortened with less info) There should be an adaptor that you can buy that will allow you to use regular strings as well. MOST strings should work just fine with the adaptor in place- but if you can find some double ball end strings that you really like, then stock up on them- they are easier to use and really stay in tune extremely well (assuming the instrument is built well).

thanks that helps