Cool Luthier Toolbox

jay5

Man, I'll tell you what. When it comes to school and everyday life, I am the MOST unorganizeed person I know. You're lucky if I can tell you what day it is. I forgot my own birthday 2 years ago, swear to god. When it comes to my shop (garage) though I hate disorganization. I could tell you right now exactly where you could find a 1/4" 10-32 bolt if I needed to. I vaccume up everything after i'm done out there and everything gets put back. I dont know if I would go as far as that guy went with his toolbox, but I respect and appreciate his effort. I also firmly believe that organization and cleanliness go hand in hand with professionalism.

Some of you guys come off like real pricks, no offense.

If your stuff is organized, its easier to lay your hands on something right when you need it. How many times have you maroons had to hunt for a tool that you misplaced?

I for one look up to anyone who has the DISCIPLINE to get and stay organized. It is a real sign of professionalism. Knocking someone who is organized is a sign of IMMATURITY. I bet you make fun of people who are smarter than you are too (which is probably quite a few people).

JAvacody,

I probably speak for all of us when I say that no one here was actually knocking this guy for his organization. As you said that would be just plain.. well nonsensical. Our responses were just a testament to the fact that many of us are not as organized and neat as we would actually like to be. My workshop is a mess- but I know where everything is- but do I like it that way? Hell no! We are just a bit jealous when we see a set of tools organized and kept so neatly.