Led On Crybaby

slayer63636

to do this you would need to get either a DPDT stomp switch and use the Millenium Bypass method (www.geofex.com and have a look around) or get a 3PDT and use that to do true bypass wih an LED.

soon as i get round to getting some good stomp switches im going to TB my Vox Reissue wah. its modded to hell but the true bypassing should have been the first thing i did lol

Here's two pages on wah mods:

Wah Wah Mods from Stuart Castledine

Dunlop GCB-95 wah pedal mods

If you do the true-bypass mod (and you should do it), and use a 3PDT switch, you can use the third pole to switch an LED on (just wire it up like this). Aron has a good deal on switches here, but 3PDT footswitches aren't hard to find. HTH

ive done most of the stewart castledine mods on mine. couple of resistor changes, taken out the Q resistor thats in series with the inductor and put in a 100k pot thats connected to the ouside so i can play withdifferent Q values.

if i can find a SP5T rotarty switch then i may well out in the sweep range mod.

only other things i really need to do to it are true bypass the sucker and maybe change the inductor. inductors are a bit pricey mind you so thats a little way off lol

• 4 weeks later...

update:

I got the board modded and was getting ready for the LED but then i ran into a problem. when i hooked up the led with the resistor it would either be on at all times when the pedal had a cable pluged in or when the pedal was off. i want to get it so the LED lights up when the pedal is on. my bother said that i managed to reverse the polaritys then went into a huge lesson about that and confuesed the crap out of me. any ideas?

update:

I got the board modded and was getting ready for the LED but then i ran into a problem. when i hooked up the led with the resistor it would either be on at all times when the pedal had a cable pluged in or when the pedal was off. i want to get it so the LED lights up when the pedal is on. my bother said that i managed to reverse the polaritys then went into a huge lesson about that and confuesed the crap out of me. any ideas?

how have you wired it?

oh and is it orientated the right way? i mean so not sideways?

Edited by donbenjy

What kind of switch did you use? If you can draw up a simple diagram (or take a clear picture and identify each wire going to the switch) of how you've got it wired, we can probably fix it. No visuals ( or at least a clear description) means no idea, unless we've got some psychic electricians around here - see what you can do, and we'll see if we can help.

did you get what i mean now? like turned through 90degrees? i've wired a few switches upside down before, though that doesn't really matter cos the switch can be turned the right way up...but you get what i mean? because it looks the same when turned sideways? but if it was wired sideways it wouldn't work!

lovekraft you are the man!!! that is exacly what i needede and i got it up and working right!!! Thank you so much, I love my new crybaby pedal after all the mods.

donbenjy- i now get what you ment. it looked that way since the switch was loose since i was having to take it off so i could clean up my wiring.

thank you all who have helped out