Guitar Project

You're very accomplished at Photoshop!

Nice axe too. I think the only thing you need to decide is whether you're going to show off the neck or the body. With that much color contrast between the neck & body, I think you need to make one or the other more "plain" so that it doesn't detract from the figured one.

im still undecided about what fretboard i will put. the figured maple or the ebony.anyways,its just a representation of what my ideal guitar is going to look like.cant have the exact 'figured' finish on the maple,anyway.how much do you guys think the wood will cost and the hardware (minus pickups)there in the U.S.?

body is chambered mahogany..top is figured maple.maple neck/ebony board.locking tuners etc..

i appreciate all your replies..thanks again

Now there you go that's way better I realy like that one the other one was to soft

I dont like the inlay :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

As far as the second layout goes... You know, if you did the headstock in the same color scheme as the body, that would probably look pretty good... You know, the classic "3-D" figured maple finish (stain it red, spray a coat of black, and knock off the "peaks" in the black coat with some fine-grain sandpaper). Just a thought.

Edited by Neon_Knightmare

Looks good so far. It looks rather contoured and soft around the edges for a 'chambered' guitar, but there's nothing saying that such a guitar couldn't indeed be round and soft.

Greg

yeah, i thought about the matching body color and headstock.And what i meant by chambered is that i want to lessen the weight of the bottom layer(w/c is mahogany)i dont know what you call them..hollowed?the top would probably be thicker than most tops to get that sort of carved and contoured form.or i may decide to keep the mahogany solid if its not that thick.

Digideus,

The headstock just evolved from the MM evh.but i like it a lot..looks killer!

the body thickness would be 4 cm overall or 1.6".i have 2 EMG 89s(wired to the max number of combos).Its on my other guitar.So i might buy a pair of SD's.the electronics i can mix and match.but the wood... thats tough.anyway, there will be changes im sure for the final final design.the inlays look kind of boring i guess.

tnx for the comments!

Stick to the natural headstock colour, it looks much better in my opinion, as you said natural fits well that dark red colour you've painted the body with. I think that grain that you used in the pics goes well with the design, if you only could find some extremely high figured ash...