Clover Bass Rebuild

Hi, i'm working on a clover $3500 bass which has been run over by a car or at least something equal. the body is totally f****d up. there's a big hole in the electriccavity and the neck pocket broke out of the body. it got glued back in. i think, you cant really tell in the pictures. it used to be a really nice bass. it is out of nice figured flamed maple and has a grphite neck.

1.jpg

well, now my job is to rebild it, or build a new body to it. the guy who owns the bass wanted ash. i started this afternoon and i got a little bit done. i will post more pictures in the next couple of days, if you are interested. here are some pictires of todays work:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

the shape is everything else than beautiful, but its fun working on it. especially on the shapings. the sides are rouded up a lot. i have to do all that in the next couple of days. the armrest, shaping on the back and the lower horn aren't finished either.

the neck is ok. it has a bigger dent on the top of the headstock (i guess the bass fell on it) and some scratches on the back. these aren't big though.

i don't have to paint it. it is for some guy, who saw a body i sold on ebay. he asked me if i could copy a body for him. i thopught it is a great chance to get more people who would like some handbuild guitars, or at least bodies.

• 5 months later...

hi, today i finished the bass. i had it in the closet for half a year and now the customer wanted it finished. the pickup routing is messed up, because at first he wanted the same at it was and then he wasn't sure which pickup hes going to use. so i just left it the way it is and hes doint the routing himself. well, i'll take more pictures later. here are the first ones i took. enjoy your sunday.

2a37a1f0.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/helge_e21/2a37a1f0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/hel...21/0211b079.jpg

On the origional one, is it just the finish thats cracked and mared or is it dented too

Man Tha thing look's smashed right thru :D It even look's like the botom of it is breaking off That Body is TOAST

!!METAL MATT!! :D