hey, i built a rrv inspired guitar - its not 100% faithful though.

3guitars.jpg

that shows it off reasonably

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/realmofspeed/V.jpg

and again!

here is a clip of it in action.

http://www.fading.audioshot.net/GS.wmv

check the media section of www.fading.audioshot.net - my band, Fading Blind. I used this guitar in the clips and the vids, just to let you hear what mine sounds like!

if you need to ask anything, feel free. construction isnt much different compared to your normal guitar!!

Mike

it depends what it has been routed for. i made everything, so therefore i could use any bridge, i chose to use a hardtail, for improved sustain.

you could easily use a floyd rose, or a wilkinson, its up to your preferecnce.

remember that the string spacing varies on these, a floyd is 2 1/8" and a wilkinson is 2 1/16" - i prefer the 2 1/16" spacing, it fits me better.

the routed for the wilkinson and the floyd are different as well, the floyd has more recesses etc... they are both stud mounted trems, but the post spacing is much different as well!

you could use a vintage strat trem, the ones you see on fenders - mounted by 6 screws, probably the easiest route to do would be for one of these!

you could try a TOM bridge, but you need to remember the neck angle you will have to build in, or think about recessing the bridge to compensate, its very much up to what you are capable of, how the guitar is supplies, and how you want to play it, ie your playing styles.

Mike

haha, thanks maiden!

was really nervous there, playing to 800 ppl. if you check out the site you will find a few more clips.

i made a few slip ups, hell i was only 17 :D but the most technical (i think) bit was just after that bit, i did a root 6 sweep on E but on the top sting instead of going 12 - 15 i went 12 - 24.

i would make the whole vid of our song plus guitar and drum solo available, but my server couldnt handle the bandwidth! hehe!

thanks again

Mike

cool :D

you will do alot in a year, seriously!

yeah, building got the better of me for a while, it comes and goes - mainly depending on whether i have supplies or whatever to build!! its great tho :D

Mike

thanks alot guys!!

i was millimeters from building the PGM Ibanez, but at the last second i built this! i cant say i know what the PG V looks like, i dont think i have seen it, but i will look now!

Mike