Mp3 / Musician Webpages ?

krazyderek

Back in the day, independant musicians could sign up for free profile accounts at mp3.com and uima.com ( http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Derek_Neil/index-1.html ) and store some of your songs there for everyone. But now mp3.com seems to have changed, and iuma is slower then a donkey going backwards.

Anyone know any good sites that do this now ?

The best site by far for song hosting is the Auditorium, but it's not set up as a set of "artist pages". Rather, it's set up as a forum, and you attach your songs to your post just like you would to an e-mail. No size limit that I'm aware of. I'm not sure if you HAVE to link to the thread (rather than deep link), but I do anyways because people can also listen to and leave feedback about your songs.

The Auditorium

The forum is a sub-domain for Audioshots.net, a hosting solution. If you have a good reason to justify getting a free account (for example, my dad's band recorded an album back in '73 and I made a webpage for it: The Other Half), then you can qualify for a free and hassle/ad-free "Clearshot" account. Otherwise, his rates are reasonable for paid accounts.

Greg