Use Laser To Cut The Fingerboard/inlay?

i have a router in my woods shop used to cut stuff with a input black white image. its pretty cool but i never can transfer the image from the program "coreldraw" to a plotter file. anyone use this way to cut the fingerboard b4? :D

I do all my fretboards with a laser, inlays and all.

You have to clean the inlay "cavities" with a dremel or something, and saw the fretslots to get the right width/depth.

The laser I use works lika any windows printer, just draw the board in corel and print.

I do all my fretboards with a laser, inlays and all.

You have to clean the inlay "cavities" with a dremel or something, and saw the fretslots to get the right width/depth.

The laser I use works lika any windows printer, just draw the board in corel and print.

What is the brand/model of laser cutter? That sounds pretty cool....

Are you just using the laser to mark the fret position and the outline of you inlays or are you actually cutting the slots to depth and rough pocketing the inlays?  are you cutting shell?

On ULSINC's website there is a example of making an inlay with the machine ( link 1 ).

There seems to be also pictures of MOP-inlays made with their laser ( Link 2 ).

Sounds like a cool piece of machinery, I'd really like to try one sometimes! :D

its a router i think...what it does is that u input an image with actual lines on it and then set the depth of how much u want to cut and it will cut out for u. it use a program called coreldraw to covert normal image to a plotter file so it will work on the machine. but it has to be a image with actual line on them. other wise it will not work.

i am just wandering if anyone is familiar with the program and can make it work so i can cut my fingerboard:P