Finished Scalloped Neck Guitar

Hey BigManLarry,

Nice guitar! That weathered look is great.

Man, you just gotta love Carvin. I've used thier necks before, but never the bodies, or the bolt kit. As far as the necks go, you can't beat the quality for the price. I have a neck-thru ordered and it can't get here fast enough. Still deciding on exactly what kind of body wings to put on it.

Did your wife give you that guitar for Christmas??!?? I gotta have a conversation with my wife, now... :D

I noticed from the Carvin sight you're in Lawrence, KS. I lived just down the road in Olathe for a couple of years. Now I live in Houston, TX.

March Madness.....Go Jayhawks!! :D

Lance

Hey BigManLarry,

Nice guitar!  That weathered look is great. 

Man, you just gotta love Carvin.  I've used thier necks before, but never the bodies, or the bolt kit.  As far as the necks go, you can't beat the quality for the price.  I have a neck-thru ordered and it can't get here fast enough.  Still deciding on exactly what kind of body wings to put on it.

Did your wife give you that guitar for Christmas??!??  I gotta have a conversation with my wife, now... :D

I noticed from the Carvin sight you're in Lawrence, KS.  I lived just down the road in Olathe for a couple of years.  Now I live in Houston, TX. 

March Madness.....Go Jayhawks!!  :D

Lance

Thanks, Lance. Yeah, my wife got me the kit for Xmas. It was sort of a prearranged swap--I got her a banjo.

Carvin are 1/4", you can either drill the old ones out with a forstner bit or drill the center with a 1/8" and pry them out. But since you whent thru some, you will have to drill them out anyway. Once you do, just drill enough to set the new do in place, about 1/16". then just file the new dots down to the fingerboard.

I did this one like that. It had black dots and I changed them to MOP, But next time just take your time and don't go to deep.

Carvin are 1/4", you can either drill the old ones out with a forstner bit or drill the center with a 1/8" and pry them out. But since you whent thru some, you will have to drill them out anyway.  Once you do, just drill enough to set the new do in place, about 1/16". then just file the new dots down to the fingerboard. 

I did this one like that. It had black dots and I changed them to MOP, But next time just take your time and don't go to deep.

did you paint or dye or what that f. board, it looks great....that whole different kind of great....

i suppose if it's paint it's paint becuse your not on the f. board?,so it won't ifff up?........

Greencat, that is paint, (green pearl) here is a pic of the entire guitar.

And I think it will be a big deal, not just because you are going to go an scrape the rod, but because there will be no bottom to hold the inlay while filing, and you can push it thru, or have some nice CA glue your rod to the back of the fret board if you put a bit too much.