Went To The Emergency Room Yesterday

Hey,

Yesterday, i was in the emergency room, my knee (still bothering me, unfourtnetly) and yesterday mornigh, when i got off the bus for school, my ankle gave a small pop, so did my knee, and from that time (bout 8:30 am) till 12:30 pm, from my knee down to my toes was just going numb, i was really starting to freak out, so i called up my dad at his work and asked what should i do, and he said my mom had the day off (i didnt know that) so she came to school and took me to my family doctor, who immediatley sent me to the emergency room.

I had an immence amount of fluid build up underneath my knee cap, it didnt swell my leg or anything, but it was pinching the nerve or something (i can barely remeber what the doctor said) and thats why my leg was numb, so, his soloution, give me really really strong pain killers, and a knee brace, so here i am, flyin high as a kite on pain killers in a blue knee brace and watchin purple and pink flamingos dance around, lol, jk jk

i have to go see a sports therapist for a follow up, and some kind of physio for this knee

Curtis

Oooh, they sound like Tramadol, I've got a load of them at home. It's probably not a good idea that I tell you this but they go down well with a can of stella :D But you're an inteligent kid so I trust you not to do it.

After one of my knee operations I split the stiches inside of my knee and it filled with blood (to the point that you couldn't see the knee cap anymore). Yeah man, it's not plesant. Stay on your backside for a while and try to keep it raised.

Oh, if the pain killers are dihydrocodine (not tramadol) make sure you take them with food as they're the little buggers that messed up my stomach (although I was on them for a couple of years).

Good luck little man, hope it gets better soon, just do what the physio says and make sure that you do your exercises.

Kaj :D

I have had 5 major events on crutches, a broken arm, a broken ankle I walked off, and broken ribs. The ribs were the worst. You can't breathe deep. You can't cough, laugh, or cry. You can't sleep on your back, your front, or either side. You can't bend over. You can't lift anything that weighs more than 12oz.

Give me crutches anytime. I can go anywhere and do pretty much anything I want.

Guitar Ed

I had that EXACT same thing happen to me back in elementry school. Playing football and someone landed on my knee. Hurt a little at the time. It was at a birthday party and we were camping out. So after spending the night in a tent, in the semi cold weather, I woke up and could not move my leg. It was locked at the knee. Same thing though. It sucked! Eventually got better. Happened one other time in my life in Highschool gym class, wrestling, crawling around on the floor did it again. Luckly never again since then, and that was over 12 years ago! Got me out of wrestling at least, never realyl liked that anyway! Almost broke my arm too!

Yeah, I've never been injured seriously, but I have broken a toe twice.. same one, actually. I stubbed it on some furniture, and noticed that it was still hurting a full six months later. So I went on down to the doctor, got some 'rays, and BAM.. hairline fracture. Just taped it up, and it was good in a month or so. Same thing happened a couple years later, I just did the same thing, and I'm all good.

Yeah, foot injuries suck. The worst I've come is a really bad sprain stemming from a bad trampolining accident. A word to the wise: if you're going to do a backflip, see to it that you DON'T go off the back end of the trampoline while doing it! I got lucky; I was only on crutches for a week, but I can feel the pain for anyone who is immobile for longer than that!