Very Peculiar Strat Buzzing !

Rones

So i have been re -wiring this strat guitar, and have come across something I never have before (granted, not that much experience!). I am getting some serious noise, but only when something metal is touched. does not go away when the strings are touched. Completely opposite of what I normally hear?For instance, no knobs on yet, so touch the pot pole pieces, then buzz. Touch the bridge, buzz. Touch pickups, no buzz. Touch pickguard above controls, buzz. Have run ground from bridge to star, tone tone to star. output jack grounded to star

I am using cloth wire, but have before without this. Only thing i can think of is either I have wire the jack wrong, or the pickups are bad. But when I play em, they play fine, just with alot of noise!

Any leads out there?

Thanks

Rones

Typical five way strat, i believe.

Grounds from each pickup to the star ground. Trem claw to star ground. Tone pots to star ground.

Hot pickups to each corresponding notch on switch. Ground wire and hot wire to jack. Cap on tones and grounded to tone pot. Treble bleed on volume pot, not grounded.

That is about it, very confusing, never heard one get louder when touched!

Thanks

Rones

It sounds like you've got a shield wired to the hot side somewhere - at any rate, you can bet it's a ground problem of some kind. Is the guitar shielded? You didn't wire the output jack reversed, did you? It's easy to do. Sorry, but with no more info, that's all I got.